JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer to live in for one year?
Osaka 36 36.36%
Tokyo 63 63.64%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-04-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Yeah, it was the JR Loop Line that I was taking in Tokyo. I tried to stay near the door as much as possible so that when my stop came up I wouldn't have to squeeze through too many people.

I took many trains and subways in Osaka, and "crowded, standing room only" was the worst it ever got in my experience, never to the point of "we can squeeze a few more in if we push hard enough..."
i use Midosuji Line before for work, and ride on the first car since it is the nearest to my exit, by the time it got to my station, it was already crowded, I have to squeeze myself in , then we it reach umeda, everybody just want to get in, so during that time, train staff would push ppl inside so that the door can be closed. darn .. hehehe

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Sinner (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to Sinner
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM

I would like to say Osaka, because it seems so much calmer there.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Never gone to Japan yet so...lol

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Sundae16 (Offline)
mmmm...hi xD

02-18-2008, 08:18 PM

Tokyo. Yeah...Tokyo it's like a dream-city. Maybe it doesn't even exist. Like maybe it's my imagination...?
(#115 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-25-2008, 09:59 PM

For those living in Osaka. Do you have any information about

Osaka University
Osaka prefecture University
St Andrews University (Momoyama Gakuin)

By information, I mean, do you know anyone that has studied there, or is currently there? And, their reputation in Japan? and finally, their location in Osaka. Osaka is a large city, so I can't seem to find out information about the exact location of these universities and what their surroundings are like. ie, facilities, shops etc
(#116 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

02-25-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
I prefer Tokyo because all of my friends live there and I like big cities
I would say Tokyo cuz I would like to see it and Tsuzuki would be there

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#117 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-26-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
For those living in Osaka. Do you have any information about

Osaka University
Osaka prefecture University
St Andrews University (Momoyama Gakuin)

By information, I mean, do you know anyone that has studied there, or is currently there? And, their reputation in Japan? and finally, their location in Osaka. Osaka is a large city, so I can't seem to find out information about the exact location of these universities and what their surroundings are like. ie, facilities, shops etc
Osaka University has a good reputation ( as far as I know ), though I don't know its current standing in Japan. I've met a couple of students there when I was still joining a japanese class in Toyanaka. One was a chinese who was studying international law ( i think it was business ) between china and Japan.
The school is basically located in the Northern area of Osaka. It's a very nice area to study or live too.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------

Last edited by samokan : 02-26-2008 at 06:40 AM.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-26-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
Osaka University has a good reputation ( as far as I know ), though I don't know its current standing in Japan. I've a couple of students there when I was still joining a japanese class in Toyanaka. One was a chinese who was studying international law ( i think it was business ) between china and Japan.
The school is basically located in the Northern area of Osaka. It's a very nice area to study or live too.
Thanks for the help! According to many sites Osaka University had a similar reputation to Todai and Kyodai but I had never heard of it myself. So its a relief for you to confirm it. And the area is just a bonus!
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Tain (Offline)
JF Regular

02-26-2008, 09:08 AM

Can't say anything about Tokyo, but untill now I really like Osaka (or at least, Kansai area). Mainly because it's more central than Tokyo, I can travel to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe in less then an hour. What I've heard, life is more relaxed in Osaka, people are more friendly and 'open'. Plus, I really like Kansai-ben ;P

I will probably go to Tokyo after this semester for an internship, after that I want to decide what city/area I like better and maybe stay there...
(#120 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-26-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Can't say anything about Tokyo, but untill now I really like Osaka (or at least, Kansai area). Mainly because it's more central than Tokyo, I can travel to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe in less then an hour. What I've heard, life is more relaxed in Osaka, people are more friendly and 'open'. Plus, I really like Kansai-ben ;P

I will probably go to Tokyo after this semester for an internship, after that I want to decide what city/area I like better and maybe stay there...
Sounds cool. So what are you currently doing there? University exchange?