JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Raeran (Offline)
New to JF

07-13-2008, 01:25 PM

hi there

i am interested in anime/manga as well as the japanese culture too. and don't worry too much, your english is fine the way it is!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Crownedinterror (Offline)
JF Regular

07-14-2008, 02:31 AM

Yo

I'm not a hardcore Otaku but my friends are really into it. Your are actually the first japanese otaku I ever "met" XD. So it would be interresting to talk to you.
The animes I liked the most were "NHK に ようこそ", "Golden Boy", "フリクリ",
"天元突破グレンラガン" and some others. I play GuiltyGear, Ragnarok Online and err Starcraft XD.

When I watch animes I also think about all the work and efforts they've put in. I also think of the guys who actually wrote the scenario and like how they thought about what feeling they wanted to give with the anime. I feel the same about video games, the musicians, the game designers, the programmers...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Wawon (Offline)
New to JF

Sleeping.. - 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the messages and PMs. Please wait patiently for replying, those who gave me PM. I've been replying to each of PMs little by little after work.

It's 4 am morning in Japan. Horrible sweltering night woke me up. Mmm hot...
So here's one more question briefly. Could anyone tell me your comment? (Or, should I better to separate from this thread?)

How often do you get and read Manga books? How much cost for them?

I'd been in Australia before, so I think the prices of books in Japan are cheaper than in American and Europe countries.
Those are sold for 500-1000 yen ( about $5-10 ). You may find your favorite books selling 100 yen ($1) at secondhand shop.

Hmm, still muggy. This is called "熱帯夜(ねったいや)". There's same title song in The Yellow Monkeys'.

Thanks.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
strawberryshinya (Offline)
The Boy Wonder :)

07-14-2008, 07:35 PM

here in the US Mangas cost $9.95
i buy 2-3 every month or 2 . X3 i used to buy more that is untill i became broke XD
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nic (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Nic
07-15-2008, 04:13 AM

I love Malice Mizer and the Pillows. I hadn't heard of the Pillows until I watched the anime FLCL, and then I fell in love with the Pillows. I may go listen to them now actually. Ha.

You made me realize how ignorant I can be when it comes to anime. xD I never really went in that deep when looking at manga or watching anime...but now I just may do that.

How often do I get manga books? Hmmm...it depends. Usually my friends and I just share books, but I usually go on a manga shopping trip once or twice a month, unless I stumble upon little sales on manga. In that case, I buy them like I am on drugs. I just can't stop.

Books usually range from $7 - $15 in my area. Unless I stumble upon one of those sales, where I can usually get books from $3 - $8.

Last edited by Nic : 07-15-2008 at 04:16 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
SheBuildsQuickMachines (Offline)
JF Regular

07-15-2008, 04:50 AM

hello Japanse neighbor
i like Japan but people at school hate them. i hate people at school.
but i really like anime and manga. i think it would be cool to talk to someone in Japan, the Japanese sound awesome