LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AireTamStrm (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to AireTamStrm Send a message via Skype™ to AireTamStrm
Learn Japanese together via IM - 09-01-2008, 04:51 AM

はじめまして!

Hello all, first post here on these forums, hoping to find a buddy to learn Japanese together with. If this happens to be in the wrong category, I kindly ask a moderator to move it to the correct one.

First, let me tell you about myself:

My name is Miko. I've been learning Japanese for a little over 7 years now, started watching some Japanese TV shows, but noticed I was looking less and less at the subtitles ^_^. After a while, it turned from a fun hobby into a serious study, and while I have done some self study up till now I have taken a few college courses. I started college with a goal of a degree in computer science, but that has since changed to language arts. I consider myself to be at an advanced conversational level, but as I have very little knowledge around the written language, there are of course still many things I do not yet know. If nothing else, my pronunciation is very good according to many native Japanese speakers. My favorite Japanese food is 親子丼 (Oyakodon), can't decide between green and pink for a favorite color, and love technology.

Now, who I'm looking for. Note that these aren't set-in-stone requirements or anything. I'm perfectly happy with pretty much anyone who has a passion for the culture and language. If these describe you, however, do note that you're on the highly desirable list. But, as I said, not a requirement. I'm hoping to get more than one buddy in on this, so I assume there will be plenty of room.

Preferably an English speaker with considerable Japanese skills with either verbal or written language.
Communication methods are Skype, AIM, or Gmail chat (Jabber). I had an MSN account, but I'd prefer using one of the other three I listed.
If you're a beginner and you want to learn Japanese, I enjoy teaching just about as much as learning.I can teach pronunciation and basics fairly well.
Also, if you want to learn English and natively speak Japanese, that is fine too.
If you know Kansai dialect, you are on the most wanted list.

PM me if you're interested.
よろしくお願いします!

Last edited by AireTamStrm : 09-01-2008 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Corrections
(#2 (permalink))
Old
terumi (Offline)
New to JF

hmm - 09-28-2008, 08:04 AM

i can speak English fluently. I know basic japanese.
haha, i dont think i am on the highly desirable list.

anyway, Pm me if your interested.

Ja~

» Terumi.

''Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.'' - Ida Scott Taylor

xx
(#3 (permalink))
Old
HinataUchiha (Offline)
is so lonely

10-01-2008, 04:32 PM

I'm american and I always wanted to learn Japanese1 What do I know so far?.......Nothing at all........I know, pathetic......

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ayameinlove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ayameinlove
Learning - 10-01-2008, 08:04 PM

Hi! I am learning Japanese right now. I would say basic level. Not quite as advanced as you. But I am getting ready to start classes and learn the writing also. Because this is what I want to do with my life. Very determined. If you want to know more...email me or you can private message me.

always smiling!
Ayame