JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ellieban (Offline)
New to JF

Looking to meet a bunch of people in Tokyo - 06-11-2009, 01:23 AM

Hi,

I'm new here. I just started a job in Tokyo and I'm looking for other people who might be interested in going sight seeing at weekends with me. Anything to do with plants and nature, art galleries, that sort of thing... oh, and Fuji Rock Festival!

I'm 29 and a girl, if you want to know that sort of thing
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM

I would like to go sight seeing with you. my girlfriend is a tour guide but we never go sight seeing and she is too busy to babysit me because of her work. i'm here on vacation till the end of july, so let me know if you want to hang out.

i'm 24 male american (both parents are vietnamese) and i don't speak japanese. right now i'm in saitama
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ellieban (Offline)
New to JF

06-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Not at all I'm from the UK and I'm a researcher at Tokyo Tech. You?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

06-11-2009, 01:20 PM

so you speak japanese? what is your first language? i have a hard time on my travels because i don't speak japanese.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ellieban (Offline)
New to JF

06-11-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
so you speak japanese? what is your first language? i have a hard time on my travels because i don't speak japanese.
Nope :/ not much Japanese. I've only been here a few weeks, I'm studying but there's a long way to go yet. I'm getting around ok though, just. How long have you been here? Is your girlfriend Japanese? I was planning to visit Hakone Park soon, what do you think? Fancy joining me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Cool what do you "research"?, Im Josh from Australia and im a Photography student/amateur photographer/photographers assistant ><
I doing protein design and biomaterials, it's dull! I about to start an online masters in design because I'm a bit fed up with science and I want to move on. What sort of things do you photograph? Have you heard of Yann Arthus Bertrand? I LOVE his pictures
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

06-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellieban View Post
Nope :/ not much Japanese. I've only been here a few weeks, I'm studying but there's a long way to go yet. I'm getting around ok though, just. How long have you been here? Is your girlfriend Japanese? I was planning to visit Hakone Park soon, what do you think? Fancy joining me?

I doing protein design and biomaterials, it's dull! I about to start an online masters in design because I'm a bit fed up with science and I want to move on. What sort of things do you photograph? Have you heard of Yann Arthus Bertrand? I LOVE his pictures
my girlfriend is japanese, and it is her first language. i'll have to look up hakone park tomorrow and see if i can fit a weekend trip any trip sounds nicer than no trips! i been here since the beginning of this month June 4th 09