JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
siocaramel (Offline)
New to JF

how to speak English?seriously,,, - 09-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Hi im in Australia studying English and going Uni. but my English has not improved much. i'm seriously struggling with how to speak,how to express myself in English. im basically quiet, not talktive like tipical japanese famale,i would rather like to listen to others.One day i realised that other people from different countries were really talktive, why you have so many topics?! Im wondering,wanna ask anybody anyway i really really wanna understand what native speakers say.so im looking for kind of my teacher helping me a bit. Of co----urse, i will help you if you want. thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

09-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siocaramel View Post
Hi im in Australia studying English and going Uni. but my English has not improved much. i'm seriously struggling with how to speak,how to express myself in English. im basically quiet, not talktive like tipical japanese famale,i would rather like to listen to others.One day i realised that other people from different countries were really talktive, why you have so many topics?! Im wondering,wanna ask anybody anyway i really really wanna understand what native speakers say.so im looking for kind of my teacher helping me a bit. Of co----urse, i will help you if you want. thanks!
This english seems fine to me....

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Stadam (Offline)
New to JF

09-04-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
One way, perhaps the best, would be to ask them to explain or slow down when there is something you don't understand. It's never easy in the beginning, as long as you come off as really wanting to improve, a lot of people are probably willing to help.

However, if you want to be able to keep up and understand the natives you need experience in having conversations with people who speaks english fluently. I'd suggest having video conversations (or at least over mic instead of text) to get used to the speed and "style" theyre using. I would help you if it weren't for the fact that im swedish(I bet I even made several mistakes in just this text), so it's probably better to find someone from USA/GBR. I bet there's someone on this forum who'd help you, especially if you are offering to teach them japanese! Good luck!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-06-2009, 08:26 PM

I am from the UK and will talk to you over MSN/Windows Live if you wish. I do not have Skype. Add me if you wish to talk and I will answer any of your English questions. My address is:

e_sceptile_master@btinternet.com
(#5 (permalink))
Old
siocaramel (Offline)
New to JF

thanks so much - 09-06-2009, 11:15 PM

Let me say , thanks so much for advising me. i really appreciate it! im gonna try harder but i know that mastering English is not easy at all. im challenging huge wall, learning other languages is soo tough work,,,(-_-
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
09-07-2009, 12:59 AM

I'm in the US and will help you. I'm quiet much like yourself so I know how you feel. If you would like help just PM me

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
siocaramel (Offline)
New to JF

09-09-2009, 09:04 AM

thanks Oni san
i really appreciate you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

09-15-2009, 06:33 AM

Your English seems spot on to me. But, if you should need any help just let me know and ill try to set up someway to keep in contact.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
shibani (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm going to study japanese at the university starting tomorrow and I could use a friend to help me improve. I speak english fluently as my second language and I am willing to help you, although your english seems fine to me.

pm me if ur interested

テーブルの向こう 暗い顔してる切り出すコトバに 怯えてんだ
いったいいつから僕ら こんなキモチに気づかないふり続けてたんだ?
出逢った日のような あの透き通る風の中で
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Oppie (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2009, 11:37 PM

Hi, I'm also new to this forum!! I speak pretty fluent english, so if you need help with anything feel free to email me or contact me on my msn. Icyichigo@yahoo.com this is also my msn ;P see you real soon