Smile こんにちわ Hello! - 04-08-2010, 01:22 AM

こんにちわ、 私 の 名前 は Kyle です。
私 は Computer Programmer だ。
Learning New Things が すき。

What I attempted to write above is:
Hello, my name is Kyle.
I am a Computer Programmer.
I like learning new things.

But, yah, My name is Kyle. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. I started studying Japanese a week ago with various sources on the internet since there is no Japanese classes in my area.

I became Interested in Japanese kind of randomly. I used to watch Anime when I was younger, and I guess that's what Inspired me to start learning the language. But I randomly found a video on Youtube explaining the basics of Japanese and I worked my way from there.

My native language is English, and I speak a Little Bit of French (Not enough to be able to communicate with though). I am currently in College for Computer Programming, and hopefully soon will be out in the workforce making some money.

I'd like to meet some friends on the Forum here to be able to chat with, mainly about Learning Japanese, or even to help you learn English. So, hello! I'm Looking forward to meeting you.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NishiHime (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-08-2010, 02:08 AM

hey Kyle Welcome to JF! I'm in NYC and have studied Japanese off and on for the past 10 years (also got into it because of anime & manga back in the late-90's). I highly recommend getting in touch with the Japanese societies in your area (the embassy, consulate) - there has to be an organization (even Japanese Law Association) who could direct you to classes.

- Nishi

~~Member of JapanForum Royal Clan of Gods & Goddesses~~
http://www.nishimusic.com
Webmistress of UsagiandMamoru.com, MiakaandTamahome.com, MaxLovely.com, PrincessIshtar.com, ArwenandAragorn.com