JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ahpoke (Offline)
New to JF

Exchange Program - 04-13-2010, 01:46 PM

Hi, I am a male Singaporean who would like to conduct an exchange program in two years time.

Currently the rough plan is such that in the year 2012, I would like to invite a Japanese to come to Singapore to live with me for a period of 30 days or more. After which I would like to do a homestay of 30 days in Japan with their family. Actual number of days may be discussed.

During the stay in Singapore, lodging and meals in Singapore will be provided by myself. However due to financial reasons, you would have to pay for your own airfare here.

The itinerary of the homestay is fluid and will be discussed between the candidate and myself. Of course your opinion is definitely necessary to make it an enjoyable experience for yourself.

Of course it is my hope that you would have a basic grasp of spoken English, as I think part of the fun is teaching each other a different language. I myself only know spoken Japanese on a extremely basic level.

During this two years time, there will be various exchanges between me and the candidate. For example the most prominent would be a language exchange. I would also like to get to know more about you before you come over to Singapore.

I am looking forward to learning about Japanese culture and photographing beautiful landscapes in the country.

This offer is open to anyone and everyone who lives in Japan and is Japanese (PR/citizen), but please note that I can only host one person here. If you are currently living with your parents, please ensure that they are amicable to hosting me at your place.

If you are interested to take up this offer, please PM the following to me
Name:
Age (now):
Contact (email/skype/msn):
Some brief statement about yourself:

Optional details would preferably be:
Photos, what your idea of a homestay would be, any other information like job/school etc etc

Please do note that a certain degree of commitment is required as this plan would span two years. Many things can change during this period and even if we do not end up staying at each others' countries, it is my sincerest hope that we can be friends.