JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
secuono (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Actual Japanese friend(s) for future help, long term friend - 07-12-2010, 01:18 AM

We are planing to visit Japan in the future. And we need someone who lives and travels in Japan that can help us with various questions and needs. We would prefer a male or female Japanese citizen that speaks OK English. It would be great to have an actual contact from the US to Japan & one day meet! Please email me if you would like to help/befriend us. We have some dump questions too, as well as if you can open your home to us while we are visiting, that would be great, but not necessary!
Secuono@gmail.com
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-12-2010, 01:38 AM

Does the "Hey! Let's meet on the internet and while I'm in town would you mind if I crash at your place? kthanxbye" work?

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-12-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Does the "Hey! Let's meet on the internet and while I'm in town would you mind if I crash at your place? kthanxbye" work?
I think it is part of a new favorite MO for Pedophiles/Serial Killers.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
secuono (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Uhm, what are you guys talking about? I thought this forum was mature, normal adults, not kids making jokes...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secuono View Post
Uhm, what are you guys talking about? I thought this forum was mature, normal adults, not kids making jokes...
There are mature, normal adults on JF, but you have to realize, posting up a list of fairly large demands, is pretty forward. You have basically said you want a tour guide, confidant and, by gum, implied you want access to someone's HOUSE and family, but offered up nothing about yourself in return. It seems suspect. There are lots of people here willing to give you rational, useful advice, answer your questions and/or give you contacts, but only if you convince people you're completely above board. You haven't really managed that yet.

And mature, normal adults or no, it's still well-advised to be cautious arranging the kind of thing you want with strangers over the internet, from both sides of the equation.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secuono View Post
Throwing up a quick note demanding a chauffeur and room and board is a lot more immature. I'm sorry that we're not bowing down to accommodate you.

Who are "we"?
Where are "we" from?
Why do "we" want to go to Japan?
What type of compensation can "we" offer?

These are just the basics. You're looking for information from us, we're not asking you. So you put in the effort. Don't tell us we need to email you.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography