JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TokyoBoy27 (Offline)
New to JF

Looking for Foreign Friends! - 05-28-2011, 06:14 AM

I'm a 27-year-old guy, living in Tokyo.

I'm looking for ANYONE who's interested in Japan.

I'm OK with English, so I can teach you about Japan, Japanese Culture, Japanese Language, or whatever, in English.

We can talk by Skype or become penpals by e-mail.

Especially, if you live in Tokyo or the suburb, we can hang out together.

Anyway, If you get interested, give me a response!

Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
konyaro (Offline)
New to JF

hey - 05-28-2011, 04:50 PM

i wanna learn jap aswell as make friends. you can mail me if you are interested
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konyaro View Post
i wanna learn jap aswell as make friends. you can mail me if you are interested
Please refrain from using this term as it may be construed as disrespectful....thank you....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
konyaro (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2011, 12:04 AM

disrespectful in what way?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
konyaro (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2011, 12:11 AM

nihonjin konyaro
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konyaro View Post
disrespectful in what way?
From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation. In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
StrandedAlien (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2011, 06:57 PM

Hi! My name is Chris. I'm sixteen years old and I live in America.

I tend to be even more direct than most westerners, because I have Asperger's syndrome (a disorder that makes it harder to read social cues). My grandma is Japanese and it's very hard for the rest of the family to communicate with her, or for her to express her feelings to us. If you teach me how to communicate with her, I will be eternally grateful. Plus, I can teach you how to communicate with gaijin, even gaijin who have Asperger's syndrome. What do you think?

I take some comfort in the fact that I'll have interesting memoirs.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2011, 09:51 PM

I would love to talk to you, I have an interest in Japan and you seem like an interesting guy to talk to. I really don't care what we talk about as long as I have someone to talk to.

If you need help with writing anything, I can do that. I am pretty good at english too.

I have a deep interest in Japan, it's culture, Japan's history, Japan's religion, Japan's government/ news, Japan's traditional/ contemporary music, books (manga), drama (anime), etc

I am a type of person who doesn't force people to help me learn a language just because they're from another country. I find that very rude and offensive. I think the same way with making friends from Japan and such. I'd rather let the person do it on their own rather than force them into doing it.

I know for sure most of the people I have talk to in the past and even you feel the same way about those things. If you want to talk, I will PM you my skype and such.

I am always open to talking to people and available all this summer.

I would also like to point out that, I have been very obsessive with human contact this month. I really don't know why, but usually by this time in the year I get this way. I am just telling you this before you think I am weird or something.

Maybe I am weird.......

TT___TT

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~

Last edited by DaisukeKigurou : 05-29-2011 at 09:55 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Distortedshell
05-30-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBoy27 View Post
I'm a 27-year-old guy, living in Tokyo.

I'm looking for ANYONE who's interested in Japan.

I'm OK with English, so I can teach you about Japan, Japanese Culture, Japanese Language, or whatever, in English.

We can talk by Skype or become penpals by e-mail.

Especially, if you live in Tokyo or the suburb, we can hang out together.

Anyway, If you get interested, give me a response!

Thanks
I've been looking for someone like you willing to teach Japanese. I know a little. I know the Hiragana and Katakana Symbols, and I know how to construct a sentence in Japanese more or less, but I have a hard time memorizing Japanese words and I need to build up some vocabulary as well as confidence to speak it. Send me a Personal Message and I will send you my Skype or email. I think if I get into a habit of writing to someone like you I might get better. Hope to hear from you soon!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
bubino (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Greetings!

My name is Zori, 20 yr-old girl from Bulgaria and I can say I'm very interested in the Japanese language and culture. I am pretty fluent in English and I've been looking for a native Japanese friend for a while. You sound like a pretty nice guy and i think we will be able to get along very well.

Of course I'm willing to teach English in return so we can help each other to progress If anyone is interested message me and we can exchange Skype etc.

Last edited by bubino : 05-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.