JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   A Poets Collage of life... (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/10927-poets-collage-life.html)

Sphinx01 12-22-2007 06:26 PM

A Poets Collage of life...

Greetings friends...Sphinx here, as of last night I decided to post my poetry publicly for everyone to reed and enjoy, or even to criticize...so here goes:cool:

Note everything is copywritten:

A Child or a King

I here that gods and kings cry alone…displaying no emotions atop their thrones,
I here that kings shed tears only in the comfort of darkness, showing no weakness to the world, how misguided we are, believing it’s best to seem heartless/
I here that kings keeps their emotions contained, Unable to publicly show pain/ we leave no trace of our tears/ instead we cry in our chambers in silence, yet in unison with our peers/ So the stars sing of our broken hearts, they’ve done so for years/ They say kings know no regret, how foolish they are/ Or is it the king that is foolish…dwelling in splendor with a hardened heart/ They said that kings believe that it’s best to forget what they say/ I was a king once/ But then u lead me astray/ Now I’m simply a man looking ever forward, afraid of his past/ Seeking twilight, then the dawn so that I can know yesterday has surely passed/ I’m merely a man now trapped in the shell of a child without a childhood/ forced to hate everyone in the area in which I stood/ Perhaps I was never a king, atop a throne/ Merely a delusional child holding tightly the devils hand, yet truly alone, but then u came along, and slowly I stood, slowly I opened up, first my mind, my heart, and now you’ve even taken my soul/ Even if this freedom is only temporary I’m still yours to hold no longer the devils to control…But in truth I wonder what do you see in me, a child in need of love, or a king whose heart is steadily growing cold…or perhaps I’m a demon seed, intertwined, and created by both

By: Sphinx
12-22-07

Acidreptile 12-22-2007 06:41 PM

That haves quite a quality.:vsign:

Sphinx01 12-22-2007 06:45 PM

thanks alot...I appreciate it smiles

Sphinx01 12-22-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidreptile (Post 334104)
That haves quite a quality.:vsign:

I'll probably post another poem this eveing:cool:

Natsume 12-22-2007 07:05 PM

That was so sweet Sphix I could cry!

Sphinx01 12-22-2007 07:19 PM

...Thanks Natsume...

Natsume 12-22-2007 09:22 PM

No prob Sphinx this poem deserves no less. :D

Hyakushi 12-22-2007 10:30 PM

That was the best poem Ive ever read, it wasn't to mushy and was strait forward. It held threads to reality, great job keep it up I want to read more of what you write :vsign: :D

Sphinx01 12-22-2007 11:21 PM

Thansk guys I'll post one this evening

Silvertheshadow 12-22-2007 11:50 PM

That is really good!

I notice that a lot of people post poems on here why not just make a poetry thread where people can post their own poetry as many times as they want. I know there is a dark poetry thread put someone can make where you can post all kinds of poetry. Its just a suggestion no one has to do it.