JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

Zombie Thriller - 02-18-2008, 11:22 AM

im finally going to be making my zombie manga ive been thinking about for a while and i wanted to get know what everyone thinks about the names ive selected for the name.

1. Year Apocolypse

2. Daybreak

3. The Damned

4. There is blood

5. white day

6. Wasteland

7. we are many

im doing the character designs and the script for it, so thought id let everyone decide the name. this would really help me out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 013_13.JPG (44.8 KB, 31 views)

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#2 (permalink))
Old
thedarklord (Offline)
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to thedarklord
02-18-2008, 03:50 PM

I really like them all but my favorite is "White Day."

"If I had known that's what it took to make you fight, I would have killed her sooner."
Sesshomaru

"I am not going to kill you; I am going to break you."
Naraku

~ Vampire Clan Member ~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-18-2008, 06:11 PM

For me The Damned and There is Blood are great!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

02-18-2008, 08:15 PM

I like white day and we are many.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

02-18-2008, 08:47 PM

the reason why i thought up the name white day is because the story starts on valentines day. i wanted to put valentine or bloody valentine but it didnt sound right to me.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-18-2008, 08:48 PM

pink...pink day...lol

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#7 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
02-22-2008, 02:16 AM

I didn't really like any of them x.x
They all sound zombie manga stereotypical.

This is an extermly hard topic too create with, since you have to have loads of originality. Because you're competing with every single zombie related manga/comic out there. Sooo personally I'd go for something that tied more into the mangas moral/theme. For example lets say what makes you're manga original is the fact that you got to characters falling in love in the midst of zombie chaos. Then it'd be something like , " The Love In Death".
However this is coming from someone who has no professional experience in that field. x.x

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

02-22-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
I didn't really like any of them x.x
They all sound zombie manga stereotypical.

This is an extermly hard topic too create with, since you have to have loads of originality. Because you're competing with every single zombie related manga/comic out there. Sooo personally I'd go for something that tied more into the mangas moral/theme. For example lets say what makes you're manga original is the fact that you got to characters falling in love in the midst of zombie chaos. Then it'd be something like , " The Love In Death".
However this is coming from someone who has no professional experience in that field. x.x
well id hate to give away the plot because its good and really depressing but i do have my own take on it than just "OMG ZOMBIES BLAST THOSE MOTHA******" you know? the story starts out with a boy lets just call him Timmy, who finally sums up the nerves to confess to the girl he loves but then when he gets to the university where he does his book reading, everything goes to hell. soon everybody is attacking each other and his brother whom will call tommy gets his face ripped off by one of the attackers. he finds the girl he likes and 2 other people they leave hook up with a S.W.A.T. member whose team was just killed off a doctor and an extra character for a little just in case shit happens insurance. i want to get in depth with what going on like what the virus does and how it affects people. like depending on your immunity and such some people turn faster than others. the virus affects the host differently than others. IE; some hosts will show anger and rage and others will show depression,happiness and such because the virus affects the brain. some become mindless and some retain their original selves without the ability to control their emotions and such. but also like i said its going to be a depressing dark story. i dont want comedy in it all the time. it really is something not easy to do since the only person with an original take on zombies was the director for 28 days later.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
02-22-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
well id hate to give away the plot because its good and really depressing but i do have my own take on it than just "OMG ZOMBIES BLAST THOSE MOTHA******" you know? the story starts out with a boy lets just call him Timmy, who finally sums up the nerves to confess to the girl he loves but then when he gets to the university where he does his book reading, everything goes to hell. soon everybody is attacking each other and his brother whom will call tommy gets his face ripped off by one of the attackers. he finds the girl he likes and 2 other people they leave hook up with a S.W.A.T. member whose team was just killed off a doctor and an extra character for a little just in case shit happens insurance. i want to get in depth with what going on like what the virus does and how it affects people. like depending on your immunity and such some people turn faster than others. the virus affects the host differently than others. IE; some hosts will show anger and rage and others will show depression,happiness and such because the virus affects the brain. some become mindless and some retain their original selves without the ability to control their emotions and such. but also like i said its going to be a depressing dark story. i dont want comedy in it all the time. it really is something not easy to do since the only person with an original take on zombies was the director for 28 days later.
Well that sounds pretty good so far.
I like depressing movies because they kinda like throw you off.
28 Days Later was genius. One of my favorite movies of all time. So symbolic.
28 weeks later was good to but it wasn't as symbolic it was more like .. " That's fucked up!"

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

02-22-2008, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Well that sounds pretty good so far.
I like depressing movies because they kinda like throw you off.
28 Days Later was genius. One of my favorite movies of all time. So symbolic.
28 weeks later was good to but it wasn't as symbolic it was more like .. " That's fucked up!"
yeah my favorite movie is 28 days later. i think 28 weeks later has some meaning to it too. like it was meant to happen , the end of the world. yeah the zombie story im writing has some depressing shit. id like to say it but not openly cuz some ppl might see it and know whats gonna happen.