JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   Help with my manga!!!! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/13468-help-my-manga.html)

matt19261 03-17-2008 10:36 PM

Help with my manga!!!!

I'm making my own manga, and just out of curiosity would like to know what ppl would want to read.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 03-17-2008 10:51 PM

It depends really. A lot of mangas the art reflects the story, and vice versa.

For example. A manga depicting a girl with giant green eyes and pig tails is probably involved in some sort of cute Shoujo manga that may be based on love and romance.

While a manga with an in-shape guy with a tattoo and a sword will most likely be seen in a bloody/action story.

So firstly you should decide what types of characters you are interested in drawing. Everyone has limits and preferences. So it might be easier for you to draw a cute school girl character who will probably have a much simpler character design opposed to a stern looking buff guy.

I recommend that you give it some thought before you pick a genre.

matt19261 03-18-2008 04:29 AM

Actually i'm not the one whose drawing the people my friend is the one drawing it.I'm basically the one who plots the story and thinks of the setting and the names of the characters etc.

SailorBratt18 03-18-2008 04:41 AM

Can you give more info? Do you have any ideas yet for the story plot?

Once you give us an idea of what it is, we can give opinion and critique and so on.

Snowdrop 03-18-2008 04:51 AM

I'm making manga, in progress. I still learn too.

Well in manga, the strenght is not only the draw but also the story. Ganbatte ne! You also have to consider the jump from one box to another like the transition of scenes. It's important for your story allure.

matt19261 03-19-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorBratt18 (Post 430197)
Can you give more info? Do you have any ideas yet for the story plot?

Once you give us an idea of what it is, we can give opinion and critique and so on.

Ummm I'm still in the progress of doing that, i should have it by the end of tomorrow b/c my friend is helping me wit it.

ThuMpeR 03-20-2008 12:51 AM

I would like to read it, when you post it :D

I'm also putting together a manga, which is still in its unfinished form.

:ywave:

matt19261 03-20-2008 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThuMpeR (Post 431909)
I would like to read it, when you post it :D

I'm also putting together a manga, which is still in its unfinished form.

:ywave:

Would love to have you read!! May i read urs when it's finished?:mtongue:

ThuMpeR 03-20-2008 06:20 AM

sure, whenever i can finish it. all i need is one night, no distractions, and i should be done.;)

how far are you guys into yours? :ywave:

matt19261 03-20-2008 03:52 PM

Actually we just started workin on it, we almost finished with the plot we should have the plot finished by the end of today, so i'll let you guys read the plot when i have it.:vsign:

Update: We've had a little set back, i haven't talked to my friend today so i won't have the plot like i expected. I probably won't have it until tomorrow. sorry guys