JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular
 
Posts: 88
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
02-15-2010, 08:20 AM

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years. I was thinking about picking me up a Dean Performer Tribal Cutaway acoustic-electric. Any opinions on it? While I'm at it, anybody got anything to say on the Laguna LE200?
Reply With Quote
(#132 (permalink))
Old
JayT's Avatar
JayT (Offline)
OG Member
 
Posts: 515
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
02-15-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Nice Goldtop there dude. I always wanted one. Though I don't like those kind of acoustics. Jumbos are my favorites.

I got a crappy Epiphone Les Paul as of now (I think I posted a pic of it earlier here). I plan to buy either the Goldtop or a Supreme Heritage Cherry Sunburst.



Are you sure of that? I think he has shred classical music, not shred on a classical guitar.
YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen Acoustic Guitar Solo



[<--Nan's heart!][Flickr]
Reply With Quote
(#133 (permalink))
Old
iAnime's Avatar
iAnime (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2010
Send a message via MSN to iAnime
02-15-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
Jeeze iAnime, that Oud looks awesome
Yo!

hehe, they even sound better than they look !


Regards,
iAnime


Life is full of challenges. Try you'r best, smile and move on
Reply With Quote
(#134 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom's Avatar
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy
 
Posts: 1,206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
It's just 'clickclickclickclick', which proves my point, you can't shred on a classical acoustic. And that sounded like sh**.

Shredding doesn't mean just moving fingers fast. The notes need to be heard.



Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
Reply With Quote
(#135 (permalink))
Old
JayT's Avatar
JayT (Offline)
OG Member
 
Posts: 515
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
02-15-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
It's just 'clickclickclickclick', which proves my point, you can't shred on a classical acoustic. And that sounded like sh**.

Shredding doesn't mean just moving fingers fast. The notes need to be heard.
You're right, every single note was inaudible
The notes are indeed audible, and hes using all the shredding techniques like tremolo picking, sweeping and trills on a classical. Yeah you hear a lot of clicks due to the unique tonal qualities of the nylon strings. The fact that it sounds like shit to you is just a subjective thing, because it doesn't bother me nor does it bother all the other people viewing the performance.



[<--Nan's heart!][Flickr]

Last edited by JayT : 02-15-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#136 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom's Avatar
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy
 
Posts: 1,206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
You're right, every single note was inaudible
The notes are indeed audible, and hes using all the shredding techniques like tremolo picking, sweeping and trills on a classical. Yeah you hear a lot of clicks due to the unique tonal qualities of the nylon strings. The fact that it sounds like shit to you is just a subjective thing, because it doesn't bother me nor does it bother all the other people viewing the performance.
Taking a violin and doing the same doesn't mean you can shred on it.

Shredding is a kind of playing for electric guitar.



Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
Reply With Quote
(#137 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SC, USA
Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
02-15-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Taking a violin and doing the same doesn't mean you can shred on it.

Shredding is a kind of playing for electric guitar.
Shredding is a kind of playing for faggots.

And btw, I play piano and guitar since someone (I don't even know who) was apparently wondering.

Last edited by darksyndrem : 02-15-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#138 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SC, USA
Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM

Oh and I also play a bit of bass, which I actually have a picture for...



Sorry for the blur =/
Reply With Quote
(#139 (permalink))
Old
JayT's Avatar
JayT (Offline)
OG Member
 
Posts: 515
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Taking a violin and doing the same doesn't mean you can shred on it.

Shredding is a kind of playing for electric guitar.
I don't understand how the violin fits in to this, it is not a guitar. I do not see how that has anything to do with the conversation at all. Doing the same thing like what? Sweep picking on a violin? Didn't know you could do that.



[<--Nan's heart!][Flickr]
Reply With Quote
(#140 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom's Avatar
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy
 
Posts: 1,206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
I don't understand how the violin fits in to this, it is not a guitar. I do not see how that has anything to do with the conversation at all. Doing the same thing like what? Sweep picking on a violin? Didn't know you could do that.
I was giving an example. Sure you can sweep pick on a violin if you practice doing it, but no sound will come out of it. Same scenario with the classical guitar. You hear nothing out of it. How do you call shredding something you don't hear. Shredding doesn't mean just moving finger very fast across the fretboard, it means hitting notes very fast but they need to be audible.

So yeah, back to my point, you're not able to shred on a classical guitar.

Quote:
Shredding is a kind of playing for faggots.
That is the case when you only listen to Dragonforce. Go listen to real shredders like Steve Vai, Buckethead, Petrucci etc.



Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6