JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite storyline?
1 - Science Fiction 2 12.50%
2 - Romance/High School 6 37.50%
3 - High School Drama/Shojo 8 50.00%
4 - Fantasy/Shonen 8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

JFMP - Favourite Storylines - 05-19-2008, 03:17 PM

Hello it's Misa from the Japan Forum Manga Project. I am starting votes for the storylines that are going to be used in our manga. I have four storylines to choose from.

Please vote according to this criteria:

~ Your personal preference in genre.
~ The grammar, punctuation and spelling.
~ Descriptive vocabulary.
~ The way the storyline flows.
~ The storylines originality.
~ How well written the storyline is in general.
~ How the plot could be expanded and added to.

These are the storylines that are here ~

Idea 1 - Science Fiction.

Okay, it starts out with a grade going to a field trip to a laser tag arena. But when they start playing for awhile, everything changes, when the staff shoots at them, the kids die. Eventually, the survivors realize it's real and fire at the staff, who are actually these weird creatures, they die, but it takes more shoots. This girl (don't know name) she is in a group trying to survive to get out, but everyone in the group dies, except her. She finds out about a large group of hiding survivers who will help if she can find them. The whole thing is a game made to see which race is stronger, humans or the aliens, though the humans didn't know it, the aliens thought laser tag was a deathmatch of some sort, and joined in, without humans knowing. The survivers soon realize this, and try to win, which is by destroying every alien there.

Idea 2 - Romance/High School

Mika had always blocked out a lot of things in her life, so she didn't have many friends plus the fact that she was home-schooled her elementary and middle school years didn't help much. But then came her high school year but she mom had gotten a promotion and was required to move to New York. Not wanting to move, Mika searched for a solution but came up empty until her father offered to let her stay with an aunt that lived the a public school. Not noticing anything wrong, she quickly accepted.
But now, a few weeks later, her parents had dropped her off at her aunts and she was walking up the steps of an old mansion. The white paint was wearing thin and there was chips along the small picket fence. A young woman greeted her at the door and introduced herself as Mika's aunt, Chiko. After settling in, Mika found herself in shock. She had to go to a public school. No more homeschooling. And despite her protests, Chiko took her to enroll. Now she is stuck at a school she knows nothing about and has no friends at...
Drew watched with interest as a girl walked into the large house in front of his shabby apartment. He made it up in his mind that she would be his. He was fairly new to the school himself, having moved a year ago. But even with that, he was pretty popular among his sophomore class. He lived alone since his mother had passed away recently. Since then, he got whatever he wanted, and if he didn't, he was known to get very aggressive. He is very outgoing and tends to do as he wants, whenever he wants.

Idea 3 - High School Drama

Highschool drama. Chigusa is a 16 year old exchange student, and she goes to Japan to take part in some schooling. She is a brunette beauty, and many of the guys are attracted to her from the word go! But Chigusa is a very defiant young female, and reluctant to fall for anyone so fast. This story tells the ups and downs of life in Japan. It would make way for many puns and misunderstandings which could lead to an comedy factor. Chigusa begins to run out of money, and is finding getting a job hard. She's also finding it hard to make friends - jelous girls go out of their way to emabarrass Chigusa.

Idea 4 - Fantasy
Demon Boy: Kei
Girl who will have broken back: Amaya
Angel Sister: Minako

The story is about a demon boy and an angel decended girl from earth.
The demon boy was foing his job in the evil world as usual, and he started to tease with ppl
in the earth by harming them.. and our demon boy wanted to prove that he is the worse one up in his friends
so he makes a girl fall and break her back. And that girl is our angel decended girl.. and her sister, who is full angel in
the angel world sees this, and fights with other angels and demonds and claim that the thing he has done is unfair
so she makes the demon boy to be sent to earth and take care of that girl.
The boy is not pleasant with this. So when he falls on the earth, he meets with girl. At the school that she goes to.
First times he always tease with the girl and never take care of her. Where he gets lots of alerts from demon and angel world.
But as time passes, the boy falls in love with girl. And he takes care of the girl. And he wants to heal her. And he can do it by
giving all of his power to her. But if he gives his power to her, he have to go back to demon world, which means he wont be able
to see the girl. Never. But he takes the risk and gives all his power to girl and heal her. Of course he goes back to demon world.
But thats not the end, Demon world is the world of vilians so.. Goodness is unforgiveable. So the great powers in demon world
kicks him out of the demon world to angel world. Where the boy meets with the girl's sister and she does everything to send him
back to world. And she does.

Last edited by MissMisa : 05-19-2008 at 06:48 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM

I like the Sci-fi idea and if you can put some good blood scenes in it, that would be awesome. But the High School Drama (Maybe High School Life would be more appropriate, I think) also sounds nice. As for the other two, the romance one seems to "cliche" and the Shounen one doesn't have much description and it isn't my favorite type of manga/anime.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2008, 05:03 PM

dont really like sci fi and i think choice of word could be better.

2nd choice im not really sure if its grammar but somethings doesnt feel right.

3rd choice i like the way this one is written and i didnt notice grammar error(short ^^,)

4th cant tell much but i love fantasy

based on the criteria i have to go with either 2/3

and looking forward to idea 4
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
05-19-2008, 05:07 PM

Baka Request Fantasy Shonen... With a little bit of drama... Yu Yu Hakusho esque

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
I like the Sci-fi idea and if you can put some good blood scenes in it, that would be awesome. But the High School Drama (Maybe High School Life would be more appropriate, I think) also sounds nice. As for the other two, the romance one seems to "cliche" and the Shounen one doesn't have much description and it isn't my favorite type of manga/anime.
Yeah I have added the storyline in now for people to read ^_^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2008, 03:02 AM

what do you mean by broken back? paralyzed?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseme View Post
what do you mean by broken back? paralyzed?
I didn't write these so I'm sorry I cannot answer questions about the content. My scriptwriters wrote these ideas for me.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Wow 3 of them are even! Who is going to cast the deciding votes
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

05-24-2008, 05:29 PM

oow well.. what can I do?? My english is not that good! *dont remind it to me*

anyway, I know i didnt write the introduction good but i was so busy.. so :// i should re-write it again.. sorry >.<

what I mean from broken back.. was not paralzyed.. But.. you know.. someone who broke his.. backbone! Yes.. backbone! *yeey i still know english XD*

okay i promise i will write a better introduction now ://

☆ My Jeong, Hikaru, Sakae, Juka, Narumi, Satsuki, Rubii, Yuji, Jun ☆
☆ Claimer,ajsnoopy ☆ Claim,Miyavifan ☆
(#10 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2008, 03:56 AM

my english is probably worst