JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   The Official Photography Thread (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/20778-official-photography-thread.html)

kenmei 11-12-2008 03:56 PM

The Official Photography Thread

Are you a pro photog? An amature? Or just wanna show off some of your work? Post here!

I've noticed there's a bunch of individual threads with people posting their photography up in this section, so I thought it'd be nice to consolidate and have one official thread for everyone to post in and comment/critique eachother's work!

In this thread we will:
Share our Work
Share our Ideas
Share our Techniques
Discuss about and share our Gear
Comment and Critique eachothers Photos

kenmei 11-12-2008 03:57 PM

I'll start it off with a few from Japan..

kenmei 11-12-2008 04:01 PM

And a few not...

more to come :ywave:

reptilesandsamurai 11-12-2008 04:51 PM

I've been a photography hobbyist for some time, going back to high school as a photog for the yearbook. I try to get out as much as I can to take pics around the Tampa Bay area but with work it rarely works out that way. Anyway here is some of my work.

F-18 Super Hornet MacDill AFB 05/18/08

Cosplayers at AX 07/05/08

Torii gates Fushimi Inari Shirine 09/19/07

Eiri 11-12-2008 05:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
All these pics were taken from my backyard

kenmei 11-12-2008 05:20 PM

good stuff guys!

i really like the composition and color of the torii gates :D would look even more amazing with a super wide lens

eiri -- digging the sunrise/sunset (can't tell lol)

reptilesandsamurai 11-12-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenmei (Post 626261)
good stuff guys!

i really like the composition and color of the torii gates :D would look even more amazing with a super wide lens

eiri -- digging the sunrise/sunset (can't tell lol)

Thanks. I used a simple point and shoot to take that one, so I didn't have the option of a wide angle.

All the pics are great.

Eiri I love back yard photography. Great work.

Eiri 11-12-2008 05:30 PM

@ Kenmei

its the sunset, had to climb a ladder to the roof of my house just to get that shot

@reptilesandsamurai
thanks, I have an after pic from the last pic...I think Ima post it.....

godwine 11-12-2008 06:10 PM

Looks good Kenmei.

What about giving some technical background to the picture so that we can learn off you? Things like Equipment, Lens, Focal, Aperture, ISO etc etc etc

kenmei 11-12-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 626286)
Looks good Kenmei.

What about giving some technical background to the picture so that we can learn off you? Things like Equipment, Lens, Focal, Aperture, ISO etc etc etc

good idea, i'll have to look up the details of each photo when I get home and i can post them.

as far as my equipment goes:
Canon EOS 40D
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.2
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

Looking to get rid of the 28-135mm and replace it with a 17-40mm L f/4 Ultra Wide Angle :D and also hoping santa brings me a flash for xmas.