JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

Higurashi Movie - 12-08-2009, 01:19 AM

I belong to a small Film club in my college and i wanted to make a movie based off the higurashi series in the small town where i live in. it'll probably be lame and stupid, but i thought i'd try it, but i wanted to know if i would need to get permission to make it ( if i wanted to enter it into a film festival ) even if i change the location and the characters names. were working out other ideas but i wanted to try my hand at horror and i think this idea would be something really good.

Im not trying to claim it as my own or anything, i want to make it as a film honoring the original. also idk if this belongs in creativity.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#2 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
I belong to a small Film club in my college and i wanted to make a movie based off the higurashi series in the small town where i live in. it'll probably be lame and stupid, but i thought i'd try it, but i wanted to know if i would need to get permission to make it ( if i wanted to enter it into a film festival ) even if i change the location and the characters names. were working out other ideas but i wanted to try my hand at horror and i think this idea would be something really good.

Im not trying to claim it as my own or anything, i want to make it as a film honoring the original. also idk if this belongs in creativity.
Are you aware Higurashi already has a live action film?

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

12-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Are you aware Higurashi already has a live action film?
who cares? make it!
if you do not use the characters or settings or name of the show there is no issue- besides, i highly doubt anyone from the animation studio for the Higurashi series is on a huntdown mission to track any reference to their series

IamKira
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-09-2009, 02:23 AM

Actually ive seen the live action movie. i just feel i could do it better. the one scene i want to recreate is where keichii slams the door on Rena's hand. they dont do that in the movie. but because i want to change the location from Hinamizawa to the small town i grew up in in Gallup , NM, i think the story itself won't change much. We even have stories from the native americans about people being taken away by spirits (spiriting away), so i think the location is pretty good. If i need permission i'll try and get it, but it might be hard so i may end up changing the name or giving credits to them.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders