JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Helgen (Offline)
New to JF

The Grimey New Yorkers Snaps - 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM

What's up JF peeps. I'm just stopping by every year in a half lol, I keep forgetting I have an account here.

Just want to showcase some of my works as I am living in Japan now and expanding my horizons. I was doing some works for a street fashion site, and one of my own, but things didn't work out the way I wanted them, now I am just doing freelance photography and teaching English in Nagasaki, Japan.

Peace.

P.S., most of these are at my blog, but I don't want to seem like I am advertising, but I am not trying to make money any way, moderators can check if I am legit if they feel.

I can't exactly translate, but it says something ridiculous, like a message to kids to not do bad things but in a really ridiculous way.

Sasebo city side.

Fukuoka, Hakata station

Here is some of my audio and video pieces:

YouTube - Gouki - Killing Moon (Helgen X Rendition)

YouTube - Keiko Cali - Home Mural

All I ask is that you simply enjoy if possible. Thanks, and peace.

My blog about living in Japan, photography of random stuff in it and all types of other shit.

Last edited by Helgen : 04-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
allhailhata (Offline)
JF Regular

04-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgen View Post
I can't exactly translate, but it says something ridiculous, like a message to kids to not do bad things but in a really ridiculous way.
I don't think it is ridiculous.Parents should live their lives as good models of their children.Unfortunately,some of them can't
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Helgen (Offline)
New to JF

04-16-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailhata View Post
Thanks for sharing

I don't think it is ridiculous.Parents should live their lives as good models of their children.Unfortunately,some of them can't
Oops! I meant to say that the way it was said was quite ridiculous, but not the meaning. The meaning is very true , but once again, culture difference, I try to get along with those differences and accept them, though I still am not fond of bathing with males... My family at least once every 2 months does a family onsen night out, I am always like "I am sick... sorry..." Hahaha. They know I am lying though.

My blog about living in Japan, photography of random stuff in it and all types of other shit.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I have to comment on this one too...

It`s not a message to kids, but a message to the parents. They are generally put up for road safety - and basically appeal to parents to think about what they`re doing and the fact that their kids are watching them and will follow in their footsteps. I fail to see anything ridiculous about it at all, and have a feeling you`re not understanding it properly if you do... Even with what you said later.

Anyway, nice pics though.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
allhailhata (Offline)
JF Regular

04-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
culture difference
Regarding culture, do you know Haiku or Senryuu or Tanka?
Haiku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Waka (poetry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mottos on Japanese roads are usually in those style.
5-7-5 or 5-7-5-7-7.
The motto on your picture is 5-7-5 style.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Helgen (Offline)
New to JF

04-16-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I have to comment on this one too...

It`s not a message to kids, but a message to the parents. They are generally put up for road safety - and basically appeal to parents to think about what they`re doing and the fact that their kids are watching them and will follow in their footsteps. I fail to see anything ridiculous about it at all, and have a feeling you`re not understanding it properly if you do... Even with what you said later.

Anyway, nice pics though.
I found it ridiculous that there was a sign there saying that message in the area we were in. I guess I should have took a picture of the area, we are in a giant field with like nothing around but that road, it was just too strange for that sign to be where we were, even my wife found it strange and we just laughed for a second. .

Then again, we are teaching each other our native languages (she's nihonjin, I'm mixed), sometimes she translates wrong but that was the same thing she said and we still laughed lol. We are strange people.

And Allhail, I know about those but not much, I do see a lot of the signs like that. I will take more consideration into them when I see them however, as there is something about them: The look, the classic style of most of the signs where I live that are somewhat captivating.

Last edited by Helgen : 04-16-2010 at 05:11 PM.