LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-14-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
It's okay for the Japanese to fondle their women on trains, write rape fan-fiction revolving around Sailor Moon/Teenage girls, and hey even adolescent children(affectionately named LOLI), and so on. But when a foreigner takes pictures of Japanese women, well, then the gloves are off!
Please, this is not a battlefield. If Wings had done something wrong, he would have heard about it from the mods. He hasn't so let's just let it be. Feel free to keep posting your experiences, Wings.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Mazikeen (Offline)
His Word In Stone

09-14-2010, 01:25 AM

I am not bashing Wings. I like Wings photographs. In fact, it would be ideal were he to post more of them..
(#43 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Thanks, MMM.

Yeah, chiuchimu, I really want to have some fun with your posts but it will just end up going nowhere, and I have a habit of doing that on this forum anyway ^_^
If it makes you feel any better, I am going out with a white girl this weekend. Maybe that will help assuage your "Asian girl fetish" fears! lolz

I'll still post pics, but as a penalty for chiuchimu's behavior, you all have to suffer with a slew of sausage fest pics next time! haha
The only guy in the picture is a white guy which I presume is you.

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-14-2010 at 02:45 AM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2010, 02:31 AM

Here are others from the OPs album. All girls.

This and about 8 pictures of you and 8 scenery shots.

Didn't meet one Japanese guy worth taking a picture of? your memories of Japan are girls and scenery.

Sorry for double posting.

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-14-2010 at 02:48 AM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-14-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
The only guy in the picture is a white guy which I presume is you.
Are you saying you don't see the man in white in pic 2?

There are four men in the third pic, and three women.

I am not getting what your complaints are about.

EDIT: It is easier if you do not keep changing the pics out to try to prove a meaningless point after I show you are wrong.

What is wrong with showing two young women shooting off fireworks?

Last edited by MMM : 09-14-2010 at 02:39 AM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-14-2010, 02:51 AM

Four men, three women, argument blown.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

Four men, three women, argument blown.
There is a tree in the back ground too. So

The focus is not on the men in that picture or any of the pictures. The men happened to be there the three girls are what the shot is about. Didn't you notice when you wrote otoko, ototko in kanji that the men are all off to the side surrounding the girls? That's different. Other pictures of the OP has a few guys in it too. Hard to not get bystanders in a picture. The bystanders are not the subject of the photo.

MMM, are you Japanese? Stand back and really look at the pictures and tell me if the focus on Japanese women is the same as the focus on Japanese men. It's so obvious, I don't know how you can't see it.

(#48 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-14-2010, 03:36 AM

Quote:
There is a tree in the back ground too. So

The focus is not on the men in that picture or any of the pictures. The men happened to be there the three girls are what the shot is about. Didn't you notice when you wrote otoko, ototko in kanji that the men are all off to the side surrounding the girls? That's different. Other pictures of the OP has a few guys in it too. Hard to not get bystanders in a picture. The bystanders are not the subject of the photo.

MMM, are you Japanese? Stand back and really look at the pictures and tell me if the focus on Japanese women is the same as the focus on Japanese men. It's so obvious, I don't know how you can't see it.
Are you Japanese? I have never seen a Japanese person complain about the exploitation of Japanese women where it doesn't exist more than you have today. They are just pictures of Japan, and I am not going to tell Wings he is doing anything wrong when he is doing everything just fine.

You said this picture had no men in it. I found four. I'll respond again when you have a legitimate complaint. I am just a little surprised you are sticking to your guns on this one.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you Japanese? I have never seen a Japanese person complain about the exploitation of Japanese women where it doesn't exist more than you have today. They are just pictures of Japan, and I am not going to tell Wings he is doing anything wrong when he is doing everything just fine.

You said this picture had no men in it. I found four. I'll respond again when you have a legitimate complaint. I am just a little surprised you are sticking to your guns on this one.
OK by facts. your right. There are guys.

That's not what I meant by 'no guys' and I think you know that but it's what I wrote and I have to own up to it.

I never said the pictures were inappropriate. I said the pictures are of or focusing on girls and scenery. I never called wings anything. I said I didn't know what his about.

All I know is, of white guys that come to work where I work, a Japanese Kumon like company, there are two types. One type talks to everyone guys and gals and gets along with everyone. another type, doesn't put much effort into talking with us Japanese guys, instead spends all their time talking to the Japanese girls at work. It doesn't take us long to figure out what 'Johnny' is about. Luckily, once they finds no available girls, they quit.

@Wings, dude, take some pictures of your Japanese guy friends and post them too.

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-14-2010 at 05:51 AM.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

09-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
OK by facts. your right. There are guys.
@Wings, dude, take some pictures of your Japanese guy friends and post them too.
Of all of the photos of mine you reposted, the only two ones that may even make any sense (although it doesn't, but for your arguments sake), are the girls by the sign, and the girls with the fireworks. None of these four girls are Japanese, and I am personal friends with every one of them. Not only that, but they posed for the shots, and it's not as if I was just taking random pics. I'm sorry if your life is void of women friends.

As for the other photos, one was of Takeshita dori, and the other was of a building, and both happened to have bystanders in them.

I guess the most "controversial" photo was of the mikoshi, and it was for a university assignment that I was to document the spirit of a matsuri, specifically with a mikoshi involved. The fact that a few women were helping to carry it, along with many more men, draws blanks for me as how it's exploitation.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography