New to JF

Yojimbo's Drawings - 11-24-2010, 11:29 PM

Here, couple of them

(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

11-25-2010, 01:19 AM

You put my skill to shame,AMAZING! Unique too!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
You put my skill to shame,AMAZING! Unique too!

Thank you!

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-25-2010, 03:10 AM

I love how each scene depicts nightmarish, worst-imagination-come-true or childhood/folklore horror entities, interlaced so grotesquely and artistically together, so much so that 'texture' of fear is clearly conveyed. I'm not sure if that's your intended effect, but that's the impression I get from your work .

Out of curiosity, may I know what inspired you or what went through your mind, while making these?

EDIT: Sorry, I'd thought the red text below was your signature. Is that what your art signifies?

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 11-25-2010 at 03:26 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
I love how each scene depicts nightmarish, worst-imagination-come-true or childhood/folklore horror entities, interlaced so grotesquely and artistically together, so much so that 'texture' of fear is clearly conveyed. I'm not sure if that's your intended effect, but that's the impression I get from your work .

Out of curiosity, may I know what inspired you or what went through your mind, while making these?

EDIT: Sorry, I'd thought the red text below was your signature. Is that what your art signifies?
At first, thank you

Well, as an artist i find it wrong to tell people what is my intended effect while drawing those works It's against the nature of surreal stuff. If i explain what i was trying to tell with them, it would just condition you. It's better for you to use your immagination BTW; i really like your description about my work )

And about that inspiration thing; i can simply say "the current situation of the world". Well, you can see that i'm not very optimist about that

BTW, red text is my signature yeah. It's a quote from V for Vendetta

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Last edited by Yojimbo : 11-25-2010 at 01:28 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
At first, thank you

Well, as an artist i find it wrong to tell people what i intended while drawing those It's against the nature of surreal style. If i explain what i was trying to tell with them, it would just condition you. It's better for you to use your immagination BTW; i really like your description about my work )

And about that inspiration thing; i can simply say "the current situation of the world". Well, you can see that i'm not very optimist about that

BTW, red text is my signature yeah. It's a quote from V for Vendetta
You're welcome.

Ah, I understand. So, as an artist, you're going for what makes it real for us, and the thing that makes it as real as possible is our own interpretation/imagination. Makes sense.

Well, I can definitely 'interpret' a lot from your inspiration and how I agree. Humans are but the scariest and most unpredictable.

At any rate, thanks for giving our eyes and minds a feast.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 11-25-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Oh, thank you again

While i was sharing these old stuff, i've noticed that, i'm not drawing for almost a year. Hmm, i guess i should start drawing again

(#8 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Good drawings!
I'm sure you love Bosch and Goya 's art, yours shows many resemblance with their, with a bit of cartoon 'spice'.
I might try to draw in colored paper next, for example black paper with one color-pencil, it'd fit more to your stile and imagination, and also it's less common so more odd- that would fit too.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File0 View Post
Good drawings!
I'm sure you love Bosch and Goya 's art, yours shows many resemblance with their, with a bit of cartoon 'spice'.
I might try to draw in colored paper next, for example black paper with one color-pencil, it'd fit more to your stile and imagination, and also it's less common so more odd- that would fit too.
Thanks for nice suggestions m8 Drawing in colored paper text is a unique idea.

I like Bosch and Goya too btw (especially Bosch) but i can dig their art more for sure.

Personally i admire Giger's art mostly. Awesome combination of post apocalyptic and cyberpunk elements

Last edited by Yojimbo : 11-25-2010 at 02:26 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-25-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Thanks for nice suggestions m8 I'll check them out
You just made me remember some of my studies, tnx!

Are you familiar with Goya's Caprichos? You should be, very impressive serie. Also from him: The deaf man's house---very scary (lol). -- It was his house before he died, he decorated all the walls with an epic serie.
Daumier also had a great sense of critic, his caricatures are invincible too.