JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

Send a message via MSN to Demitrichan Send a message via Yahoo to Demitrichan
Exclamation C H A N G E! - 02-20-2011, 04:34 AM

Everyday I step out that door, I see black kids sending history back, white kids wanting to be what they hear and think is real. A world where children die for the things that they don't understand and where boys go off to fight in a mans place. A world where cloth and metals run the world and cowards hide behind the mindless and lead them to death blind and uncaring. You tell me what wrong with the picture I paint, you tell me that its not true and show me the worlds different think how you can change that. Tell me how you can get a little boy to open a book and look at the world. Something needs to change and it starts with action.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Cayla (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitrichan View Post
Everyday I step out that door, I see black kids sending history back, white kids wanting to be what they hear and think is real. A world where children die for the things that they don't understand and where boys go off to fight in a mans place. A world where cloth and metals run the world and cowards hide behind the mindless and lead them to death blind and uncaring. You tell me what wrong with the picture I paint, you tell me that its not true and show me the worlds different think how you can change that. Tell me how you can get a little boy to open a book and look at the world. Something needs to change and it starts with action.
Wow, you sond pretty... well, cool, and peaceful, and very outside like.
To tell you the truth i'm the same way. I think people that are open to
the world are very none jugemental. So I guess your saying If the world is
so big and so pretty that see it with action?
I'm only 10 and about to be 11, so I still have to learn a couple more things.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
what do u suggest
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
what do u suggest
A fundamental change with society, although how one goes about that I have no idea . . . kind of curious what Demitrichan says too actually.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

02-20-2011, 03:19 PM

People need to realize that there are problems that they can change. And that the should for the better of society.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#6 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
People need to realize that there are problems that they can change. And that the should for the better of society.
Yes, that is true . . . but people have beliefs, opinions and thoughts. These do not just change without reason. If a man is sexist he will not stop being sexist merely as he is told it is wrong, and if a man is racist he will not stop to be so merely because someone offers him an article on equality. If you want people to "realise" that they need to change then you need to give them a reason to change. How would you convince people there are problems with society? How would you make them care? How would you convince them to change assuming you could get them to care?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

02-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Funny how you say that, yet in the other thread you said we should just see racism as one big joke. LOL so funny.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

02-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Funny how you say that, yet in the other thread you said we should just see racism as one big joke. LOL so funny.
What I was saying was take it in stride. I also said that if you didn't take action to change what you didn't like then your words are pointless.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#9 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

02-20-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
What I was saying was take it in stride. I also said that if you didn't take action to change what you didn't like then your words are pointless.
I wrote a letter complaining about it, they apologised and they then took the sign down. Don't presume I did nothing.