JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2010, 05:54 AM

Actually, the established concept of 'age of consent' was to prevent excessive prostitution in the 19th century United Kingdom. The other problem with age of consent is that there will always be people who can't consent after the 'age of consent' of a given country or state.

Laws dealing with personal issues are never meant to be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
it's because america's laws are based off a populous who blindly follow christian dogma. that "christian" attitude has trickled into the laws of the country.
As for the American legal traditions itself, which came from the British legal traditions, I'll just put this here. I'll leave the rest up to you.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Is English law related to Muslim law?

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
SURUME (Offline)
New to JF

04-27-2010, 06:10 AM

子育てはおろか自分の稼ぎだけで生活出来ないガキの癖 に、コンドーム無しのセックスなぞ生意気じゃ!と俺は 思うけどね。万が一赤ん坊が出来たら、今通ってる学校 を卒業すると同時に、家から追い出して働かせたら良い んよ。 親は友人知人に何回も頭を下げて、職を探してやるぐら いの手助けはした方が良いかもしれん。 それとこのイギリスの現状は、真面目に働いて納税して いる人が馬鹿を見てると思うよ。でもこんな事言うと、 左派の人権団体がうるさかったりするのかな?

Last edited by SURUME : 04-27-2010 at 10:53 AM.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
katieb142 (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Because schools in England supply condoms so people think having sex young is okay

To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die...
(#74 (permalink))
Old
Harichan92 (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
The only way to stop teenage pregnancy is sex education for teenagers.
Or just not have sex to begin with

Please visit my deviantart account ^____^ http://sakura-saki-92.deviantart.com/

''My pencil is attached to my lungs, if I stop drawing, I DIE.''
D:
(#75 (permalink))
Old
glowsilver (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harichan92 View Post
Or just not have sex to begin with
I reject the idea that it's impossible to stop teenagers having sex. I was not sexually active as a teenager because I was raised by grandparents who were very clear that if I got pregnant or they found out I'd had sex underage, they would throw me out of the house with no financial support. They also allowed no dating, no makeup until I was 16, no mobile phone until I was 17 and leaving home etc. If I stayed with a friend they would call the friend's parents to make sure that boys hadn't been invited over. At the time I didn't like any of this, but they believed that teenagers were not to be treated as adults and that while I was living with them I was to obey their rules. And it did stop me from having sex or drinking too much/taking drugs, so now I'm grateful for it

My family is from a working-class area where teenage pregnancy is very common, but when I was at school (I'm 24 now) most girls who got pregnant were 16-17. My younger sister is still at school and most of her pregnant classmates are 13-14, in the next generation it will be 11-12 ...
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Haywardvaughn (Offline)
New to JF

Teen Pregnancy Know the Facts - 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM

Did you know that 3 in 10 teen girls in the US will get pregnant at least once before age 20? That's about 745,000 teen pregnancies each year. Babies are great—they’re cute and cuddly and they love you. But they’re also needy and selfish—they want all your time and attention and they want it NOW. Be honest—there are a million things you'd rather be doing than changing a diaper, right? So if you decide to have sex, have you considered the consequences of getting pregnant/ causing a pregnancy? Weirdly enough, almost 50% of teens have never thought about how a pregnancy would affect their lives even though having a baby could be one of the most life-changing things to happen to them.
School comes second: Parenthood is the leading reason why teen girls drop out of school; after all, it’s really difficult to juggle homework and a baby. Less than half of teen mothers ever graduate from high school and fewer than 2% earn a college degree by age 30.Children of teen mothers do worse in school than those born to older parents—they are 50% more likely to repeat a grade, are less likely to complete high school than the children of older mothers, and have lower performance on standardized tests. About one-fourth of teen moms have a second child within 24 months of the first birth—which can further delay their ability to finish school or keep a job.
It’s hardest on the kids: More than half of all mothers on welfare had their first child as a teenager. In fact, two-thirds of families begun by a young, unmarried mother are poor. Children who live apart from their fathers are 5 times more likely to be poor than children with both parents at home. The daughters of young teen mothers are 3 times more likely to become teen mothers themselves. The sons of teen mothers are twice as likely to end up in prison.
A baby won’t make him stay: You may think having a baby will make your relationship even stronger, but the fact is 8 out of 10 fathers don't marry the mother of their child. It's also true that these absent fathers pay less than $800 annually for child support, often because they are poor themselves and can’t afford legitimate support payments.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-02-2011, 10:07 PM

What is it with people bringing up old topics?
(#78 (permalink))
Old
BrendaValenzuela4 (Offline)
New to JF

Teen Pregnancy - 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Despite the fact that the teen birth rate is climbing after slowly falling for years, there are still an estimated one million teen pregnancies in the United States alone. About 85% of these pregnancies are unplanned, which in any population can increase the risk for problems. The biggest risk for teen mothers is delaying prenatal care or worse, 7.2% received no care at all.
The reason for lack of prenatal care is usually delayed pregnancy testing, denial or even fear of telling others about the pregnancy. Most states have a health department or university clinic where prenatal care is free or low cost and patient confidentiality is very important, meaning no one can tell the teen mother's family.
Because the body of a teen is still growing she will need more nutritional support to meet both her needs and that of her baby. Nutritional counseling can be a large portion of prenatal care, usually done by a doctor or a midwife, sometimes a nutritionist. This counseling will usually include information about prenatal vitamins, folic acid, and the dos and don'ts of eating and drinking. Lack of proper nutrition can lead to problems like anemia (low iron), low weight gain, etc.
While facing the grim realities of teen pregnancy is not pleasant, this is not the picture that has to be painted. Teen mothers are perfectly capable of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. With the proper nutrition, early prenatal care and good screening for potential problems the majority of these potential problems will not come to light. While some tend to think that you can't teach a teen mother anything about her body or baby, it's really a ridiculous notion. Many of the teen mothers who take active roles in their care do go on to have healthy babies, despite the other hardships that they will face in their lives. Support from the families and communities is a must for the young, new family to be successful.

Teenage pregnancy has higher rates of mortality for both mother and an infant. Overall, teenage pregnancies increase health complications. Most teenage girls get pregnant without an intention to conceive. No contraceptive is foolproof. Teenagers do not stop drinking, smoking or consuming drugs during pregnancy, thus harming their fetus.

Last edited by BrendaValenzuela4 : 09-10-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Add more about Teen Pregnancy
(#79 (permalink))
Old
chonnie45 (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Good combination in between USA and JAPAN in the Topic of ‘Teeage Pregnancy’.
More teenage girls in the United States and United Kingdom become pregnant than anywhere else in the developed world, because they are poorly prepared for life in a modern and sexualised society, this statement comes everyday in a newspaper.
The United States has topped a table of teenage pregnancy rates put together by Unicef's Innocenti Research Centre in Italy, which looked at births among teenagers in 28 of the world's wealthiest nations.
Altogether, 52 out of every 1000 girls aged between 15 and 19 in the United States gave birth, while the United Kingdom topped the list in Europe—and came second overall—with just over 30 births in 1000 teenagers. At the other end of the scale Korea, Japan, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Sweden had a rate of less than seven births per 1000 teenagers.
Some countries, such as Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, and France, have “travelled far down the road from traditional values”, but they have also made “successful efforts to prepare their young people to cope with a more sexualised society.”
By comparison the United States and the United Kingdom are secretive and embarrassed about contraceptive services. After interviewing young people about sexual services, the UK government's Social Exclusion Unit concluded: “The universal message received from young people is that the sex and relationship education they receive falls far short of what they would like to equip them for managing relations as they grow into adulthood.”
By tackling teenage births governments have the chance to reduce poverty and its “perpetuation from one generation to the next”, says the report.
And next the japan get mile distance in this topic. japan.

Big Problem In Recent Time. 'Teenage Pregnancy' .