JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2010, 09:47 PM

It is an old thread but hopefully the girl who started this post has grown up and is more mature now knowing that adoption is not an easy process.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Yes WIll it is an old thread but the issue of adoption is important.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-28-2010, 10:41 AM

Of course you still have a good point, if only the girl who made this thread visits this forum more often to see everyones advice. She seems one of those kind of teenagers who dream to live in Japan. I notice that she said "six years until Japan, seven years until having a Japanese girl" and I met a lot of teens before who want to live in Japan and believe they can do it easy at aged 18. If she was 14 when she posted this and 18 years old now then she would be planning to go to university this year. We know that the adoption process takes more than a year to complete. What's very annoying about this is that she thinks it's ok for her to rename a Japanese girl at aged 4 to her own favorite Japanese name.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Crownedinterror (Offline)
JF Regular

07-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgoestocollege View Post
What's very annoying about this is that she thinks it's ok for her to rename a Japanese girl at aged 4 to her own favorite Japanese name.
Agreed.

Made me think of DS Game, Love Plus which basically treats girls like pets. They should make a game that would treat Asian babies like pets too. Instant American Success.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-28-2010, 07:16 PM

She hasn't logged in for over three years. Let's drop it.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-29-2010, 02:06 PM

ah well thats okay.

but I am amazed how some people think that it is so easy to adopt a child as though it is a whimsy. not a real person
(#127 (permalink))
Old
curiosityshop (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgoestocollege View Post
What's very annoying about this is that she thinks it's ok for her to rename a Japanese girl at aged 4 to her own favorite Japanese name.
I don't think she'd thought of that. To be honest, I hadn't either... I think having asian kids would be the cutest thing ever, but I can't help but think that adopting kids just because you don't want to go through the crying and pregnancy is a little irresponsible. It would be more like getting a pet than raising a child. If you're going to be responsible for another human's life, you should take full responsibility and do it from the start. It's not something that should be done on a whim, and a good idea would be to find yourself a suitable husband first, so that you can support each other and make responsible, well thought through decisions.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
KuroiBara (Offline)
New to JF

10-22-2011, 08:51 AM

[quote=curiosityshop;833363]I can't help but think that adopting kids just because you don't want to go through the crying and pregnancy is a little irresponsible. QUOTE]

I know what you mean by this, a lot of women seem to want to take the easy way out, but some genuinely have good reasons for adoption.
I want to adopt a kid because if I can't conceive I want to give a kid a new chance at a happy family life.
We have thought about the names etc, and would accept any child with any name, so unless the child is too young to remember or notice (e.g. under 18months) we might consider it. But I think renaming after that age is odd, the kid is already settled with the name.

KA RM
Click to view the band I'm in!
http://www.lulu.com/content/legacy-l...light/12097115 - My fiancé and I have created a poetry book together! It's quite dark, but there's some really cute poems too ^-^
(#129 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-22-2011, 12:33 PM

there are lots of children in the care system just now about 60'00 but not everybody is willing to take a child over two. Too many want babies.

Adoption is a very serious issue and not to be taken lightly.

I watched a programme recently where black children who had been adopted by white family-- had many issues and struggles through their childhood. The idea is to try to place them with couples of similar ethnicity.

One should never adopt on a whim.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
KuroiBara (Offline)
New to JF

10-22-2011, 12:49 PM

I agree on that, but if the family follows the same beliefs/lives in the same country/speaks the language well (without having a trace of the enthnicity in their blood), would that be acceptable do you think?

I'm thinking a lot about this, because we have agreed to move to Japan when we settle down, and so we will be adopting over there. I wouldn't want the child to grow up and be bullied for having parents who are of a different ethnicity, but I wouldn't want to do anything other than adopt if I couldn't have my own...

KA RM
Click to view the band I'm in!
http://www.lulu.com/content/legacy-l...light/12097115 - My fiancé and I have created a poetry book together! It's quite dark, but there's some really cute poems too ^-^