JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Inter-racial attraction (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/10275-inter-racial-attraction.html)

NanteNa 12-13-2007 04:59 PM

Gah! XD They're hot. What can I say?

shoujobeat 12-13-2007 07:32 PM

Ever since my my first crush, hmm..I think I was 6 years old was on an aisan boy and my current crush is a japanese guy at my school:lovecat: **the only one out of 2000 students**. All the boys I ever liked were either Chinese, vitenimese, koren, and Japanese. It werid but I love east asian people*espeacially the guys* even tho I'm an african by birth, if my parents found out about that they'll might kill me but oh well.

QuoyaNatsume 12-13-2007 07:35 PM

Ok you say African by birth, meaning that you are not African skin wise but African country wise, right?? :confused:

kunitokotachi 12-13-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interracialintimacies (Post 317976)
Hello Everyone,

I am a PhD candidate in Sociology at a University in Tokyo, researching inter-racial desire and the politics that sometimes comes with it. I am presently looking to interview many people about this topic.
You may think your case or thoughts are not interesting but I am looking for typical and exceptional people, so don't worry!
Cheers,
Jamie

I think this could end up being interesting research. You said your methodology was to conduct interviews but what about also doing surveys? Also have you already decided how you intend to code the information? I'm a little curious. Finally, I hope you find enough people to participate. Many people may think that their case is not interesting but sometimes in research "nothing" can actually be something.

Ito 12-13-2007 08:28 PM

i think this thread is foolish.. some like whites some like asians and soo onn..
we do all have our own tastes in whats sexy same goes with personality..

kunitokotachi 12-13-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ito (Post 325127)
i think this thread is foolish.. some like whites some like asians and soo onn..
we do all have our own tastes in whats sexy same goes with personality..

I don't think it's foolish and you wouldn't think this study was foolish if you understood what goes into research. Inter is a candidate for a doctorate in sociology and that is a huge accomplishment. Inter's major of study deals with human interactions and behavior to some extent and interracial interactions obviously struck an interest. The research that will conducted has the potential to become peer-reviewed material. Any individual who has been to an accredited university will know that the reading of peer-reviewed research is usually mandatory. Let's say you wanted to research "why people commit crimes." You need somewhere to start. You can use an inductive method by observing subjects and using empirical validity to form a theory or make generalization. Another way would be to use the deductive method and look at established theories like the "Social Learning Theory," "Routine Activity Theory," etc. Because of these types of peer-reviewed studies we learn more about people, the way we socialize, and in some cases the reason why turn out the way we did.

Ito 12-13-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunitokotachi (Post 325164)
I don't think it's foolish and you wouldn't think this study was foolish if you understood what goes into research. Inter is a candidate for a doctorate in sociology and that is a huge accomplishment. Inter's major of study deals with human interactions and behavior to some extent and interracial interactions obviously struck an interest. The research that will conducted has the potential to become peer-reviewed material. Any individual who has been to an accredited university will know that the reading of peer-reviewed research is usually mandatory. Let's say you wanted to research "why people commit crimes." You need somewhere to start. You can use an inductive method by observing subjects and using empirical validity to form a theory or make generalization. Another way would be to use the deductive method and look at established theories like the "Social Learning Theory," "Routine Activity Theory," etc. Because of these types of peer-reviewed studies we learn more about people, the way we socialize, and in some cases the reason why turn out the way we did.

i still things it crazy, becouse people can change what they like.. i have been together with diffrent races. here in sweden many do not care about skin colour that mutch.. i have gone from liking american culture too liking latin culture to liking japanise culture.. why people commit crimes it easy --- they have a hard life and cant support themself without doing crimes or it is something wrong with there braines.

kunitokotachi 12-13-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ito (Post 325171)
i still things it crazy, becouse people can change what they like.. i have been together with diffrent races. here in sweden many do not care about skin colour that mutch.. i have gone from liking american culture too liking latin culture to liking japanise culture.. why people commit crimes it easy --- they have a hard life and cant support themself without doing crimes or it is something wrong with there braines.

In research we try to look for patterns to gain a better understanding. In the case of interracial interactions there are a number of characteristics that can be attributed to this: looks, culture, popularity, trend, beliefs, etc. Inter will end measuring all of the variables and report some type of findings. Adding demographics to the research allows us to see what types of individuals are have an inclination to engage in interracial relationships.

As for why people commit crime, it is not such an easy question. You only listed one element of crime which is the type of crime committed for financial reasons. However, what about crimes that are not financially motivated like rape, murder, molestation, arson, vandalism, etc. Believe me I graduated with a B.A. in criminal justice; crime is not that easy to understand, analyze, or measure. But what is the reason for studying crime? Well, research allows us to develop crime prevention techniques, allocate resources better, create better community policing programs, measure crime occurances, understanding victimization better and so on and so on. This is the same for research in any other field.

Zer0 12-13-2007 09:53 PM

Sounds like your going to rape us anyways im amercain and like asian girls

asukiitar 12-13-2007 10:01 PM

sounds interesing..i like "studyng" diferent kinds of mind....and YES i have to admit,i think japanese guys are CUUUUTE:rheart: i have never had a crush on a black ,white,or whatever boy...
only japanese look
n_n