JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
HYDfan (Offline)
Massu is love

03-31-2008, 08:34 PM

I agree with a lot of you... It doesn't matter what race you are, it matters on personality and wether or not one person is attracted to another. Personally, I like Japanese guys better than white guys (I'm white), or anyone else really, (although I love british accents....) It just depends on the person. I have two hispanic friends, and they are sisters. One of them likes black guys, and one of them likes white guys. If you love each other, that's all that should matter. Sadly, sometimes, it doesn't and you get situations like Romeo and Juliet... Or you get racist people.

And some people on here seem to think that if we like Japanese guys, it means that we only want to have the bragging rights to say that we went out with them, but it's just a matter of who we personally are attracted to.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

03-31-2008, 10:57 PM

Very well said, HYDfan.

I think the same way.

I wouldn't go out with a Japanese guy, just to say I did.

I'd have to truly like him, as a person.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#53 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-01-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Every country has negative pasts, not just the UK. There are a lot of positive things in the UK that people seem to blindly ignore - the free health system perhaps?
I definitely don't ignore that. Wish I could get free healthcare.
Quote:
Anyone can get treated, freely, on the NHS. Free schools? Everyone has the right to an education here, and gets it completely free until a certain age.
What type of school? Do you mean Universities and such? If so, I should move there. For regular schools in the states, the "public schools" are kind of considered the "free schools" and if a parent doesn't make a certain amount of money, then his/her/their child/children are able to get free lunch.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-01-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
For regular schools in the states, the "public schools" are kind of considered the "free schools" and if a parent doesn't make a certain amount of money, then his/her/their child/children are able to get free lunch.
That's pretty much the same here. But I understand in America you have to pay to go to college? The only instance in which you have to pay for education here is if you go to university here, but you can get a student grant - where if you can never afford to pay it, it just gets cleared, or a student loan - where rates for the loan are really affordable.

Also, between the ages of 16 and 18, if you go to college or 6th form, if your parents earn under a certain amound of money, you can get up to £30 a week to help with school supplies. It's supposed to help working class kids stay in higher education. I just find it unfair because, just because my mum and dad earn over a certain amound doesn't mean there going to give me any >.<
(#55 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-01-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDfan View Post
I agree with a lot of you... It doesn't matter what race you are, it matters on personality and wether or not one person is attracted to another. Personally, I like Japanese guys better than white guys (I'm white), or anyone else really, (although I love british accents....) It just depends on the person. I have two hispanic friends, and they are sisters. One of them likes black guys, and one of them likes white guys. If you love each other, that's all that should matter. Sadly, sometimes, it doesn't and you get situations like Romeo and Juliet... Or you get racist people.

And some people on here seem to think that if we like Japanese guys, it means that we only want to have the bragging rights to say that we went out with them, but it's just a matter of who we personally are attracted to.
It's interesting how you say "It doesn't matter what race you are" and then go on to list how you and your friends choose mates based on race.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Liumingke (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Liumingke
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM

I think young people are more into bragging about "yeah I dating a black guy/girl" or " I once dated a chinese/jap/korean and it wasn't all that". Young people do it to be different and because some think it's cool. In the long run all that matters is that you survive all the crap that goes with being with someone of a different background.

Here to make some friends
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Liumingke.Don't use the word "Jap" please.That is very offensive to Japan.And free Tibet.

Last edited by Acidreptile : 04-01-2008 at 09:20 AM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Katja (Offline)
New to JF

04-01-2008, 10:17 AM

I don't know if it is right to to speak of 'racial' problems. I only see difficulties in different cultures.
My family is really depressing. Because they don't understand different cultures, they sometimes sound very racist (only german guys, foreigners are all bad...). But I don't think that this is the right way.

I love the person I love, the trick is to understand the culture of the other one (that is what my boyfriend said to me). And that... is hard enough sometimes. XD
(#59 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-02-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That's pretty much the same here. But I understand in America you have to pay to go to college?
Yep, pretty much. We have to pay to attend colleges/universities. Some people consider both the same thing, unless specific. Like, I could say, "Yeah, I went to college after high school. I attended the University of Richmond."
Quote:
The only instance in which you have to pay for education here is if you go to university here, but you can get a student grant - where if you can never afford to pay it, it just gets cleared, or a student loan - where rates for the loan are really affordable.
Loans are pretty much what we use. Ironically, they were talking about student loans on the news. Seems we're running out of funds to even give out student loans and some states are pulling out on granting them (or something like that; I could be wrong, or misheard it). Universities/colleges are so costly, unless attending a Community College (two-year college), and even though that's cheaper, still can cost a bit. It sucks that in order to get considered for most jobs, they'd rather see that you have that diploma as opposed to whether or not you can actually do the job.

Anyway, as for grants, you don't have to pay those back.
Quote:
Also, between the ages of 16 and 18, if you go to college or 6th form, if your parents earn under a certain amound of money, you can get up to £30 a week to help with school supplies. It's supposed to help working class kids stay in higher education. I just find it unfair because, just because my mum and dad earn over a certain amound doesn't mean there going to give me any >.<
I had that problem when I first graduated high school. My parents were looking into grants. My parents are considered middle class, so they couldn't get any grants for me. Seems here those who are considered the "poor class" and the rich, of course, get all the breaks. I'm not complaining, those who are poor do need the help too, but it kind of sucks that the middle class rarely get any breaks.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
HYDfan (Offline)
Massu is love

04-02-2008, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It's interesting how you say "It doesn't matter what race you are" and then go on to list how you and your friends choose mates based on race.
I'm just pointing out that it shouldn't matter who you like, that anyone of any race can like any other person of any race.... I really wish people would get a life instead of harping on everything anyone says... you are probably smart enough to know what I mean, so don't try to blame me for something. I can state my opinion and you can state yours.