JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: what do you prefer for relationships or love in general ??
Marriage ((one person in your life )) 45 77.59%
Free Life (( multiple sexual relations during life )) 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't wanna get married. Just a waste of time/money. There is no way in hell I'm ever changing my last name.

T.O.T.A.L.Y A.G.R.E.E

MissMisa, My Queen..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#82 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-23-2008, 07:14 PM

When not married, you might as well be in a relationship, which is tied to one person as well. You may say it's easy to cheat, but it's the same in marriage.

Pointless poll... like MissMisa said.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 07:32 PM

I think a marriage is best for most people. Stick with the same person and avoid multiple heartbreaks or troubles and it's more special when you share things with that one person.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#84 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL View Post
what your opinion in marriage as way of relationships instead of free friendly careless life ??

and what about marriage in early adult age ?? isn't it better quarrantine for continious love and balanced life ??

do we really just want sex no more >> that's it ??

i am dying to see your opinion >_>
I have two issues here. First, these questions are not very well reflected in the poll at all. And second, the wording of this post shows some serious bias. I mean "free friendly careless life" and "quarantine"???? News flash! Neither of those depictions are even remotely close to being single or married.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
I think a marriage is best for most people. Stick with the same person and avoid multiple heartbreaks or troubles and it's more special when you share things with that one person.
Like others have mentioned before, marriage doesn't mean one will always stay loyal.

Marriage is such a waste in my opinion. Spending valuable money and time to put something on paper, which wouldn't really mean much in the first place, no matter how committed or uncommitted to each other you are.

However, if one plans on having kids, I would suggest marriage. I've heard it's such a hassle bringing a kid into a doctor's office if they have a different last name then you. On the plus side, you get government money if you're a single mother =O
(#86 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-23-2008, 08:37 PM

As much of an unromantic I am, I really do think marriage matters as a commitment agreement, its like a stepping stone, I don't think you can really count it as only a piece of paper, it's a mark or a stepping stone in your relationship if you do go that far.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#87 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
As much of an unromantic I am, I really do think marriage matters as a commitment agreement, its like a stepping stone, I don't think you can really count it as only a piece of paper, it's a mark or a stepping stone in your relationship if you do go that far.
And I wanted to ask you to marry me...

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#88 (permalink))
Old
loversandhaters (Offline)
Fight the tears in misery

12-24-2008, 02:39 AM

I don't want to get married. I think it's complete nonsence and only works with the fear of people to be left alone.
I do believe in true love though, and I would love to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. But I don't want to need mariage as a secuerance of staying together forever. I want to be able to completely trust someone without getting married.
Though I agree that the poll is a bit weird. xD
(#89 (permalink))
Old
JuanitoElChino (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 03:01 AM

I did not choose either one of the choices provided in the poll. Being married doesn't mean you'll always be faithful and you can be committed to one person while not being married. In my opinion, love isn't a wedding or some piece of paper. I've seen too many marriages fall apart. I'm not saying it's all bad, just something I wouldn't see myself doing.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)
[put profound title here]

Send a message via Yahoo to tocrayzay
12-24-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
However, if one plans on having kids, I would suggest marriage. I've heard it's such a hassle bringing a kid into a doctor's office if they have a different last name then you. On the plus side, you get government money if you're a single mother =O
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying (and if I do I apologize in advance) but NOBODY should get married because of an unplanned pregnancy. These marriages usually don't work out. And if the bond between the parents isn't strong enough the child will only suffer. (Seen it happen) Neither should you get married just because you want to have a child, I've seen that happen and fail so many times, this desperate want for a "happy" family is usually destined to fail.
Which is why I'm a single mother (I was not getting married because of a child, even if I had people telling me I should've) (the following may be a bit off topic and if it is just let me know I'll edit it and take it out)and at the moment I do get help from the government, but it isn't that much it covers all necessary expenses, I can't speak for other single mothers but I can't wait to get daycare for my kid and start working again because money from the government shouldn't be an incentive to have a kid, and should only be used as long as necessary. Although Germany is currently trying to use money for that since Germans aren't procreating enough

murrrrrrrrr
"If Life and Death be things that seem,
If Death be sleep, and Life a dream,
May not the everlasting sleep
The dream of Life eternal keep?"
~Father Tabb