JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Attitudes toward staying home. - 08-13-2009, 03:13 PM

I've heard recently that many Japanese men, even in the 20-25 age range, still believe the ancient idea that it's a woman's responsibility to take care of the household. :/ If so, I'd have to look for a Japanese man that DOESN'T believe this in order for me to date him.

Although this veered way off topic, I thought it was worthy of discussion and gave it a thread all it`s own. The first post remains as a copy in the original thread. - Nyororin

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-13-2009 at 05:41 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-13-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
I've heard recently that many Japanese men, even in the 20-25 age range, still believe the ancient idea that it's a woman's responsibility to take care of the household. :/ If so, I'd have to look for a Japanese man that DOESN'T believe this in order for me to date him.

Your house must be a shocking mess!

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Oh, and I thought of something else... I like that the ideas of femininity and masculinity are a little different from the culture I was raised in, so I guess it'd be interesting to date someone there for that reason alone...

... After I find a man that has liberal ideas about the roles of men and women, anyway.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-13-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I thought of something else... I like that the ideas of femininity and masculinity are a little different from the culture I was raised in, so I guess it'd be interesting to date someone there for that reason alone...

... After I find a man that has liberal ideas about the roles of men and women, anyway.
... It's hard if your wife doesn't do all the house shit for you, but. I mean, I don't have time to do it all myself. If I didn't have a wife, I'd have my hands tied.

But most women are content with doing that. I dunno what kind of husband is going to enjoy a lazy wife...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#5 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... It's hard if your wife doesn't do all the house shit for you, but. I mean, I don't have time to do it all myself. If I didn't have a wife, I'd have my hands tied.

But most women are content with doing that. I dunno what kind of husband is going to enjoy a lazy wife...
You're a big boy. I'm sure you can handle washing a few dishes yourself.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
You're a big boy. I'm sure you can handle washing a few dishes yourself.
I'd buy disposable.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-13-2009, 04:25 PM

My husband is Japanese and believes in the housework being done by the person in the house the most. As he is out there working and earning 90% of the money for the household, it is certainly not him.

If you stay at home and don`t do the housework, that`s just lazy. What kind of wife makes the guy come home and do work again... after a day of work?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
My husband is Japanese and believes in the housework being done by the person in the house the most. As he is out there working and earning 90% of the money for the household, it is certainly not him.

If you stay at home and don`t do the housework, that`s just lazy. What kind of wife makes the guy come home and do work again... after a day of work?
The kind of wife that isn't a servant and also has a job.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 04:30 PM

Here we go again off topic.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
The kind of wife that isn't a servant and also has a job.
When you can pull that off with a disabled kid, call me.
But even if that weren`t the case, I certainly don`t think that taking responsibility for living space and spending the time to personally raise a child is being a "servant". But hey, I guess that`s just me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.