JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-04-2010, 02:27 AM

Perhaps you should try thinking of and treating them like another human being and not special magical "Japanese".
They are an individual. None of us know him. You wouldn`t (hopefully) get online and ask random people how you should act toward a specific person... Individuals are individuals regardless of the country they come from. Any advice you could be given would be nothing more than guesses and general "guy advice".

Personally, if you have trouble thinking of them as just a guy and not a "Japanese guy"... Then I don`t see any hope of a real relationship.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

01-04-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandajapanda View Post
I am not a very traditional person but I guess Japanese men are more traditional.
Hate to use you as an example but this is exactly the type of comment that keeps real Japanese people away from JF.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-04-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Hate to use you as an example but this is exactly the type of comment that keeps real Japanese people away from JF.
Truer words have not been said here.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-28-2010, 05:57 AM

Sides, I think folks confuse "traditional" with "reserved", or perhaps "Formal".

Maybe the term "traditional" is seen as being labled "prude", or "Old Fashioned"?

Still, you can't teach the ignorant by avoiding them.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ExitRight (Offline)
New to JF

02-03-2010, 10:08 AM

You can know if he's interested in exactly the same way you would knowif anyone was interested. Does he look at you a lot? Does he smile when he does this? Does he strike up a conversation with you? Has he asked you out on a date?

My last boyfriend was Japanese and he didn't beat around the bush about it. He came straight out and said he hoped we would get together. The one after that which I didn't go for, took about 4 and half minutes to start talking about being naked...

I guess if someone isn't seeking you out, making conversation and doing all the usual things you'd expect a guy to do he's not into you. If you're really wanting to know for sure ask him out.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
El2IN (Offline)
Key's butterfly

Send a message via MSN to El2IN
02-03-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortry View Post
That's too corny
What's wrong with corney. 8B

Anyhoo, I'm just gonna say ask him what he thinks of you, sure it might be abit embarrasing if he doesn't think of you in 'that way', but atleast you'll know. : ]

Or just skip ahead & ask him out.