JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Japanese guy likes me or not? - 04-30-2010, 04:01 PM

Hi there everyone!! I am new to this forum...I have been chatting to this jp guy for like past two years...We are good friends and I like him lol I am just plainly confused about his feeling though....Can anyone tell me how to know if a jp guy is interested in you?? I am not in Japan and we have never met...but have seen each other's pics and cam...any clues?? Help me !! lol
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey21 View Post
Hi there everyone!! I am new to this forum...I have been chatting to this jp guy for like past two years...We are good friends and I like him lol I am just plainly confused about his feeling though....Can anyone tell me how to know if a jp guy is interested in you?? I am not in Japan and we have never met...but have seen each other's pics and cam...any clues?? Help me !! lol
Hate to break it to you, but men are men. If he's interested in you then you'll know the exact same way that you would with a guy of any other nationality.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 04:15 PM

oh...he has been asking me when I am going to go to Japan? Where? for how long? for past one year..and now he is saying that he would like to meet me for a tea?? and he introduced me to his younger sister on chat...I just wanted to know what are the ways in which jp guys hint that they like someone?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM

I agree with Robin its the same in across the board guys are guys. If you think he likes you test the waters and hint here and there or just ask him outright. Don't keep guessing. If he's showing you to his family he at least trusts you on some level and asking about if you are coming and inviting you places shows hes interested at least a little or is entertaining the idea at least.

edit: I would like to add though that chatting alone is not enough to determine anything REAL about someone. Meeting should be safe and definitely careful especially if you are going to another country.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 04:53 PM

yeah...I will meet him in a public place with another friend of mine I guess...As you said I want to check water here and there but don't know how to do it! Could you give me some hints? I dunno much about jp guys(I know about the culture though and can speak Japanese fluently and we chat in Japanese language)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-30-2010, 04:59 PM

Well I would suggest just light flirting. Find out if he likes you test the waters compliment him hint at scenarios of you guys being together. Just do it lightly so as not to come across as too much. You want to let him know you are interested beyond a doubt but you dont want to "scare him away" so to speak. This should all be after you meet him IMO. Could be messy if you meet him and hes not as charming in real life after you have already told him your are interested you know?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

04-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey21 View Post
 I know about the culture though and can speak Japanese fluently and we chat in Japanese language
If that's true, you should know more about Japanese culturte and Japanese guys than those who have replied and will reply to you here.

(And I would personally hate to be referred to as "jp guy". Your jp guy would probably feel the same way, to be frank.)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

04-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
If that's true, you should know more about Japanese culturte and Japanese guys than those who have replied and will reply to you here.

(And I would personally hate to be referred to as "jp guy". Your jp guy would probably feel the same way, to be frank.)
Eyeah, "jp" kinda grates on me as well. Regarding knowledge of culture and language, I believe the OP is more nervous about general guy behaviour.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#9 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-30-2010, 05:24 PM

To a certain extent I agree but I do not think her intention is to be disrespectful in any way. I think she is inadvertently referring to guy behavior in general but does not know if that differs in the Japanese culture. Her intent may be poorly worded but I am doubtful if it is derogatory.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 05:25 PM

I am really sorry if I hurt anyone by saying jp guys...I didn't mean that in a wrong way...I just meant Japanese boys can be really shy sometimes...so to specify that I am talking only about them,I used the term...I know about culture and language but never really lived in Japan so I have no personal experience on interacting with them face to face...and I needed to talk about this...so I would really appreciate other people's comments too! We guys flirt sometimes,and he is a real cool person,we never cross the line of decent flirting though...I think I have given some hints to him that he is an important person to me...I really like him but I don't want to confess before I know what he feels about me...so that's why I wanted some hints on how to know if he likes me?