JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
PhysiX (Offline)
New to JF

Situation with a girl - thoughts? - 10-05-2010, 09:42 PM

I was just hoping I could get some positive opinions on this situation here.

So yesterday we went to visit some work friends of my mom and they have a daughter around my age so I went to say hi in her room and so we start talking , at the beginning she was a bit reserved but then opened up, laughed at my jokes ,eye contact ,flirting , the mood was generally sexual , teasing going on too etc, and I have to say I really started liking her, however..
Then we go out of the room because they called us to the living room she seemed very distant , didn't say much , also almost no eye contact with me or if she did look at me she looked away instantly when I looked at her.
What do you guys think?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Umm you met this girl and talked for how long? an hour at most? I would say slow down there a bit tiger. 1. you could just be reading into things. 2. Even if you are not, to suddenly make a move on her, I think would be kinda scary. Take it slow and do not seem overly enthusiastic. Just try to enjoy more time together with her like that and see where things go.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
PhysiX (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Umm you met this girl and talked for how long? an hour at most? I would say slow down there a bit tiger. 1. you could just be reading into things. 2. Even if you are not, to suddenly make a move on her, I think would be kinda scary. Take it slow and do not seem overly enthusiastic. Just try to enjoy more time together with her like that and see where things go.

Well we actually talked for around 4 hours.
And yeah I agree its too sudden to make a move, but still I felt like she was attracted to me so whats with the no eye contact around the ppl she knew?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM

RickOShay's advice is about the best you can hope for. Maybe you two were experiancing a sudden attracion to each other then it was all gone when you were asked to leave the room. If you really are interested in her, try to keep in touch and get to know her better. But if I were you, I wouldn't put my expectations up too high till you're sure she felt the thing too. Good luck!

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-05-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiX View Post
Well we actually talked for around 4 hours.
And yeah I agree its too sudden to make a move, but still I felt like she was attracted to me so whats with the no eye contact around the ppl she knew?
What's with it? That's perfectly normal.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-06-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What's with it? That's perfectly normal.
Yes, she doesn't want to broadcast any feelings to those who may not approve....
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tsunami16r (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to tsunami16r
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM

hey there, so just one question. you two were with your parents or with someone else in the room when you tried to make an eye contact with the girl, am i correct?
then I think that she was just being a bit shy. I'm a japanese girl myself, so I think I've got a good idea about this lol I'd probably act the same if I were her and were in that sort of situation. so no need to worry too much, but maybe you could slow down a bit there though. but I don't think she was ignoring your eye contacts because she's not attracted to you. good luck!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
My words exactly! (or well.. they're yours.. but we share! Haha)

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#9 (permalink))
Old
4drfocus (Offline)
New to JF

11-15-2010, 04:02 AM

I might sound like an 80 year old Buddist monk but my advice is this: Nature does not hurry, yet everthing is accomplished. (just relax and take it easy)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-15-2010, 04:13 AM

I would think the same thing, she was open with you in private but in front of her parents she's going to be more shy. I grew up in England and I may even have done that at that age so don't read it as a bad sign. Just like everyone is saying, take it slowly and don't jump to any conclusions.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.