JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-15-2011, 09:25 PM

Yeah, I've heard of that anime. XD Then again, I'm looking only for shojo anime that portray the men as the dominant/possessive type which doesn't help.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Rinai (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 05:56 AM

It's pretty alright. At least with the one I dated. We had a lot of trouble since he'd kind of just keep things to himself and all. The whole 'boys don't cry' motto. Yeah, he was the dominant one but in the end it didn't work out since he kind of just expected me to be around when it just doesn't work that way. It wasn't until it was kind of too late that he started being proper and polite and treated me as I liked.

*plooka plooka*

Rin no talk. 私の一番な色は何ですか。「Day--」 黒沼爽子と翔太くん。いつでも/もじもじ-- 30
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenwe View Post
Yeah, I've heard of that anime. XD Then again, I'm looking only for shojo anime that portray the men as the dominant/possessive type which doesn't help.

I just cant reply.

?!?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-16-2011, 10:26 AM

As was stated above - every Japanese man, well, every man anywhere is an individual. I have yet to see some unique "Japanese-man" trait that doesn`t exist elsewhere.
If you like dominant men, I`m sure you can find some. If you don`t - then there are countless other options.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

02-16-2011, 10:32 AM

People always stereotype English men like they are something from the 1950s. They don't always hold the door open for you, I can tell you that much.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
As was stated above - every Japanese man, well, every man anywhere is an individual. I have yet to see some unique "Japanese-man" trait that doesn`t exist elsewhere.
If you like dominant men, I`m sure you can find some. If you don`t - then there are countless other options.

my gr daughter seemed to attract dominant men-- control freaks that would beat her up

thank heavens at last she has a decent man--- hoping it will last because control freaks can make life hell--male or female--regardless of nationality
(#17 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

02-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
People always stereotype English men like they are something from the 1950s. They don't always hold the door open for you, I can tell you that much.

when i was in hospital recently a charming youth who told me he had been bullied-- i thought he had a skateboard accident-- he helped me walk to the nurse for assessment, he was so sweet and i was angry that he had been bullied

there is good and bad in all of us.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
You misread me, I said I only looked for ANIME that have the possessive boyfriend type.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

02-16-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I have many misconceptions about japanese romantic relationships as I myself am Chinese and live in Canada, such as the male being very dominant, cheats on his wife and wants them to serve him, etc. So people who have dated japanese men, is it how it really is?

this is what you wrote.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
You misread me, I said I only looked for ANIME that have the possessive boyfriend type.
No, I didn`t. Please reread what I wrote.

I simply stated that if you DO like dominant men, then I am sure you can find one. If you DON`T, then I`m sure you can find one who isn`t.
I don`t recall stating that I thought you wanted a dominant man. Only that regardless of whether you do or not, there are as many differences as there are men.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.