JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   My Girlfriend Is A Doll... Literally (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/545-my-girlfriend-doll-literally.html)

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 05:47 AM

My Girlfriend Is A Doll... Literally

How does one get to that point? Japanese men who forfeit all effort to go out with real women and turn to life-size dolls for companionship. Watch these two videos and discuss.

Video 1 : For some Japanese geeks, their girlfriend is (litterally) a doll. This guy bought a doll on the internet and she became his partner. He takes her on walks to the park and takes pictures and publishes photobooks of his doll. He's also got 3 other dolls around the house. One of them cooks for him O.o;

Video 2 : Now this guy, Tabo. He's a businessman and doll collector. He owns more than 40 dolls (!!!) He has so many dolls in fact, that he rents a second, independant appartment to store his dolls. Then he gropes their boobs. u.u

Videos are translated and subbed by me ^^;

Ash 11-07-2006 06:04 AM

[post removed]

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 06:07 AM

Those dolls cost well above 2000 $ each. I want to know what business the guy with 40 dolls deals in.

Ash 11-07-2006 06:14 AM

[post removed]

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 06:23 AM

The doll is always there, she doesn't get sick or grow old, never says "not tonight honey I have a headache", doesn't cheat on you or leave you for an other guy. So for someone who fears, or has suffered the sting of rejection the doll might be an ideal companion, as cats and dogs are.

On the downside the doll, won't hug you, argue with you, cook, clean the house or wash the dishes with you. The doll does not have the warm embrace of the living human being, and will never bear any children to love and raise. As such it is an inadequate replacement.

That businessman is obviously well-off if he can afford 40 dolls and a second appartment. He could easily use his resources to get himself a real flesh and blood girlfriend because rich guys don't need to be good-looking or even have passable social skills to impress.

Riku8 11-07-2006 07:53 AM

to be honest dolls are a stupid idea, why pay so much for love, companionship, loyalty whatever when you could just wait for the right person...at least they can talk to you

Ash 11-07-2006 08:16 AM

[post removed]

NinjaKasumi123 11-07-2006 08:43 AM

Having a doll as a girlfriend sounds more like CHOBITS

Ash 11-07-2006 11:55 AM

[post removed]

kitty_starbrite 11-07-2006 12:46 PM

I love the 'real dolls'! I am always asking my boyfriend to buy me one, but he doesn't have that kind of money, lol! For me it is just like a big version of the dolls I had as a little girl. I would love to brush their hair and change their clothes and take care of them. Aww... Dunno about making lurve to them, tho. It's a bit weird, isn't it? I think that it is sad that some peole are unable or afraid to forge a connection with a real person. You must be very lonely to have to rely on an inanimate object for company.

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

You must be very lonely to have to rely on an inanimate object for company.
Yes. And meanwhile the Japanese population is starting to decrease because the Japanese men and women are no longer making any real children T_T

Ash 11-07-2006 01:22 PM

[post removed]

kitty_starbrite 11-07-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 6188)
Japanese babies are gross. In fact, all babies are f*ing rank.

Lol! I think that these dolls are especially appealing to the Japanese because they are a perfect reflection of the ideal Japanese woman- eternally youthful and beautiful, serene and reserved...
Apparently the Japanese refer to all sex dolls as 'Dutch Wives'.

maks 11-07-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 6184)
Yes. And meanwhile the Japanese population is starting to decrease because the Japanese men and women are no longer making any real children T_T

thats not good.......does it have something to do with the drastic changes that has been happening there???

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 6188)
I can't say I blame them. Japanese babies are gross. In fact, all babies are f*ing rank. Is there a special name for that kind of doll? There probably isn't one in English, but there must be a Japanese word for it. Avary, what is it?

Please don't say such a thing. It makes me very sad T_T

Kitty Starbrite got the generic name for the dolls right. Dutch Wife, lol

kainpendragon 11-07-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_starbrite (Post 6180)
I love the 'real dolls'! I am always asking my boyfriend to buy me one, but he doesn't have that kind of money, lol! For me it is just like a big version of the dolls I had as a little girl. I would love to brush their hair and change their clothes and take care of them. Aww... Dunno about making lurve to them, tho. It's a bit weird, isn't it? I think that it is sad that some peole are unable or afraid to forge a connection with a real person. You must be very lonely to have to rely on an inanimate object for company.

yep it is strange and this is coming from the ero sennin. I have seen pictures of the real doll before and they look more realisct these the ones here and i think they are the same price??? I could be wrong that just what i remember from when they frist came out. there was a Ep of boston legal that had real dolls on it. William shanters charater had one. :D

kainpendragon 11-07-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 6184)

I will help the japanese women with that hehehe. Ero sennin strikes again =)

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maks (Post 6191)
thats not good.......does it have something to do with the drastic changes that has been happening there???

I think the blame can be laid on a combination of high cost of living, long working hours, and a loss of social skills.

I wrote a letter to Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi proposing myself as a volunteer to help repopulate Japan with babies if Japanese men are not up to the task.

I never got an answer.

I'll try my luck again with Shinzo Abe.

Ash 11-07-2006 02:10 PM

[post removed]

Vesperd 11-07-2006 03:31 PM

Poor guy.. he seems very lonely.. i feel sorry for him, and artificial love is nothing compared to the real thing

Ash 11-07-2006 04:03 PM

[post removed]

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 6250)
Don't feel sorry for me, I'm perfectly happy to be sad. The love someone has for there doll is literally the exact same thing they would have for a human. Love itself no longer exists, (how many times before you learn) what you call love is in fact a chemical boost in the brain, mostly seratonin which is powerful stuff, which makes us feel content and happy and is also very noticeable by its absence. The reason we get this chemical release is to bond humans together with friends, family and mating partners; to help ensure reproduction and survival. What to you might seem like a love emotion is merely a feral survival mechanism.
This can be for a human, or for a doll, for whatever makes you happy.

Quoted for truth.

However bonding with inanimate object is not very useful for survival of the Japanese nation. Japan, meet Mr Darwin.

Hisuwashi 11-09-2006 09:31 PM

I can relate to that.

Gwen_Goth 11-09-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisuwashi (Post 7201)
I can relate to that.

to darwin?

:p

psikographik 11-10-2006 08:29 AM

beautiful girlfriend i think!

Anubis_Jill 11-18-2006 09:37 PM

*twitch twitch* wow... That is kind of creepy. But hey, good for them? ^^""

windcat 11-19-2006 05:08 AM

-raises hand- Creeeeepy.

Bloomzy 11-26-2006 09:49 PM

This isn't just in Japan, it's actualyl worldwide

My friend and I watched a documentary on it once, and as funny as we found it at the time...it's actually rather sad/disturbing o__O

Okimoto_Tatsuki 11-27-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloomzy (Post 10094)
This isn't just in Japan, it's actualyl worldwide

My friend and I watched a documentary on it once, and as funny as we found it at the time...it's actually rather sad/disturbing o__O

you mean the geek that looked like jesus in the UK and had one doll he'd "do" stuff to?

if so i saw that....wow...O.o

i suppose lolita ones are cute? Its a shame though. I always say

"theres a somebody for anybody. just be patient or look hard and the person will come to you"

Harajuku_Pimp 11-27-2006 12:53 AM

haha hehe.

Harajuku_Pimp 11-27-2006 12:57 AM

Shut up, and just be cool k Ashley and/or Ashton.

Anubis_Jill 12-06-2006 12:11 AM

Hmm, but spending 2000 each? I wonder who he works for? TheYakuza!?! lol.
They'd slaughter him if they found out what he is doing with the money.

jasonchua 12-06-2006 08:44 AM

they don't talk back

At least they don't talk back. :mtongue:

I prefer real women like cute Risa Kudo
Risa Kudo gravure idol videos at japansugoi.com

RETARDEDMONKEH 12-08-2006 12:05 AM

wow.. that's creepy. o__o

then again, i guess if you don't like rejection or anything that's a pretty good idea.
but don't you feel empty inside when you're having sex with a doll and the words that you want to hear are just in your mind??
i guess prostitutes can at least give you your money's worth. whatever.. T___T

Gwen_Goth 12-08-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RETARDEDMONKEH (Post 13515)
wow.. that's creepy. o__o

then again, i guess if you don't like rejection or anything that's a pretty good idea.
but don't you feel empty inside when you're having sex with a doll and the words that you want to hear are just in your mind??
i guess prostitutes can at least give you your money's worth. whatever.. T___T

yup - your money's worth of STDs; the less you pay; the more you get; offer now on - see local street corner for details :p ;)

Gwen_Goth 12-08-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 13534)
You can actually have sex with these dolls? I've gotta get one now.

you didnt know that??

when you order them you gotta say which two holes you want uh, operable; you gotta pay extra for all 3 o________0 :p

RETARDEDMONKEH 12-09-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 13534)
You can actually have sex with these dolls? I've gotta get one now.

haha yea.. didn't you hear the second dude?
"some dolls are 50 kilograms, they are very bad in the back"
haha..

@Gwen-san:
yea, that's true. but i guess they still moans at will unlike dolls which is practically nothing.
i mean to say, you know they still move and participate at least. o__o

Gwen_Goth 01-02-2007 03:50 AM

talking about *doing* a doll - this might be of interst to you freaks ;)
dont ask me where i got the article from....

Tyler 01-02-2007 06:31 AM

haha that landover baptist site is hilarious. :P

hopeless 01-02-2007 07:50 AM

It's absolutely scaru eigh?!
But if you like that kinda person its nice XD

X, hopeless