JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Native Japanese or Good Speaker Logo - 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM

This would be useful for the many people who come here and are studying Japanese.
Unfortunately many times, people with very little knowledge of Japanese language adventure themselves into writing in Japanese without stating what they are writing possibly will be full of errors. This is very harmful for people who studies Japanese and take those phrases for good when maybe they are completely wrong.

I would suggest that at the subscription form (or at the change profile) to be insterted a question written in a very advance Japanese language. If the question is answered correctly, in the posts near the name will be automatically printed a logo which confirm the reliability of the knowledge of that person.

Just my 2 cents...

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#2 (permalink))
Old
uchihasasuke (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to uchihasasuke Send a message via MSN to uchihasasuke Send a message via Yahoo to uchihasasuke
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM

i doubt that it would be implemented as its more like ud need a way to have the question written in japanese and added in the form. besides most users who register on any japanese/english site tend to jus fiddle around with what they have. unless someone can write their own gen that uses kanji,hirigana,katakana theres no doubt that it may work plus the downsides is the load on the server jus to generate something
(#3 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM

I would think that if something like this were going to happen, you'd want it to just be like a recognition from someone who does know japanese well. Such as if a mod (who speaks Japanese) were to notice that in all of whoever's posts their Japanese is very good, they could add a badge or whatever to that person's profile as recognition of their skills. But then maybe some people who are good (or think they are) would get upset if they didn't get one 'cause the mods didn't look at their posts... >.>

Anyway, just another suggestion of how this might be implemented if the idea were to fly ^.^
(#4 (permalink))
Old
girigiri (Offline)
JF Regular

06-20-2009, 04:19 AM

Good idea, but it doesn't have to be so rough on the moderators.
An easy and reasonably effective method would be to simply add details in the profile section.

My command of Japanese

pop up menu
0 Do not know any Japanese
2 (know hiragana, katakana, some basic phrases)
7 native speaker / JLPT 2 equivalent
9 excellent

Self rating works reasonably well, and dishonest replies can be dealt with in the same way as spamming.

As to a sticky logo or whatever - hmmm ... Maybe it is something that the avatar makers here might like to play with. If it comes down to it, I'd be happy to host suitable pics.