JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

Who is the admin here? - 10-30-2007, 12:41 AM

I think there should be a section for older people. Someplace where we can post about adult things in japan like family life and stuff like that. This forum seems very childish sometimes and i am loosing interest. I am sure you could possibly attract older people 21+ living in japan. I read through this forum and it is geared towards 12-18 year old anime lovers. If this is the forums main purpose then please let me know.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
10-30-2007, 03:51 AM

I always thought this forum was for both...anyone that has an interest in japan or japanese culture in general, at the exclusion of neither anime-lovers nor older people with different interests relating to japan. there's a lot of teens interested in anime and games, so that's probably going to end up being the bigger draw.

there is a forum specific for living in japan...if you'd like to talk about japanese family life and stuff like that, you can post it there. if you'd like to talk about regular family life or other stuff in the general forum, then just post it - the general forum is the melting pot for everything, it's not just for the word games and adoption threads and other stuff. someone else may be interested in the same stuff you are, so post what you want to discuss. we're not all young'uns.

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-30-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
I always thought this forum was for both...anyone that has an interest in japan or japanese culture in general, at the exclusion of neither anime-lovers nor older people with different interests relating to japan. there's a lot of teens interested in anime and games, so that's probably going to end up being the bigger draw.

there is a forum specific for living in japan...if you'd like to talk about japanese family life and stuff like that, you can post it there. if you'd like to talk about regular family life or other stuff in the general forum, then just post it - the general forum is the melting pot for everything, it's not just for the word games and adoption threads and other stuff. someone else may be interested in the same stuff you are, so post what you want to discuss. we're not all young'uns.
So the hooker shop on the corner in roppongi is free game?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

10-30-2007, 04:26 PM

HA! not what I meant

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-30-2007, 05:10 PM

my thoughts exactly... i couldn't agree with ferrari any more on this matter.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
10-30-2007, 08:00 PM

Well I did find the link to this site on MySpace... so it's probably going to get a large amount of young people coming in. Plus do you really want something serious? My time on this forum is for leisure and it lets you unwind by acting a bit childish and silly- it like takes the stress off the day. And no offence, but if you're so mature then couldn't you find better things to do rather than sit in front of the computer, arguing, ranting and whining about the immaturity of young people?
However, if you do wish to post adult things then just post them... if you're serious in your thread then people will quickly catch on and be serious or they'll just leave.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

10-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post

What's Japanese family life like? Anime usually makes it look pretty militant. Suppose it depends on the family.

Last edited by DEATHPANDA : 10-30-2007 at 08:30 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

10-30-2007, 08:34 PM

no idea...I dont live in japan. that's beside the point though...if you wanna discuss it, there's a forum for it...add a new topic

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-31-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
Well I did find the link to this site on MySpace... so it's probably going to get a large amount of young people coming in. Plus do you really want something serious? My time on this forum is for leisure and it lets you unwind by acting a bit childish and silly- it like takes the stress off the day. And no offence, but if you're so mature then couldn't you find better things to do rather than sit in front of the computer, arguing, ranting and whining about the immaturity of young people?
However, if you do wish to post adult things then just post them... if you're serious in your thread then people will quickly catch on and be serious or they'll just leave.
lol she's right... you had it coming to you

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

11-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
Good point.