View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Actually, if you know where to look, when to look, etc - you can get REALLY good prices. You also have to take into account the AMAZING effect of store point systems in Japan.
We bought a TV, on sale, for half price in a store opening campaign. We got a 300,000 tv for 160,000 - with 30% points. 30% of 160,000 - that`s 50,000.
We picked up a new camera, which was also on sale for 30,000 - got 30% points on it. We also bought some other stuff...

You just have to know the system, etc. You can almost always undercut Kakaku.com by quite a lot. Stores allow you to bargain - you just have to do it. We`ve gotten them to knock things down a lot. Bic, Yodobashi, Yamada, Eiden - they`re all great to bargain with.

I mean, we just bought a new HDD/DVD recorder - for more than 10,000 less than the lowest kakaku price. All we did was say "We want this one, and have the cash with us.... But can only afford such and such amount..." and the salesman ran off, talked with those above, and sold it to us - extended warranty included, and even threw in a free i.Link cable for the exact price we wanted.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.