View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
i'm sorry, but personally I NEVER get ny morbid ideas from animes and manga or any other films cos I know that you just don't copy any ideas from it. Authors and such publish things for us to "enjoy" and trust us as an audience to not do anything stupid. And why should we anyway?
Well, if you healthy and normal thats all fine and good. But sometimes mentaly ill people have trouble distinguishing fiction from reality. So its not such a huge strech to say that if a crazy person watched somthing violant, they might imitate it.

Which is not to say that we should hold any anime comanys responsible for anything. If somone does somthing extremley violant that they imitated from some violant anime, that person only has themselves to blame. Anime can NOT make you mentally ill, and that person would have done somthing violant anyway.

Basicly what Im saying (and this just my opinion) is that violance in the media can provide psychopaths with Ideas of what kind of violance they want to commit, but it can NOT drive somone to that point (they already have to be there).