Thread: Gaijin Get OUt
View Single Post
(#54 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Japans finest? What does that mean? Are you saying I am exploiting Saaya again?

SSJup81, I read the first 3 paragraphs and was about to compliment you... Oh well. Anyway, yes, a lot of men do not like what they have done. But I think it is a weak man who has not the stomach to stand up even against God if he must, to object for what he thinks is right. I will blame people for what they have done. And I will find it hard to accept apologies, viewing their reasons mostly as excuses, if even they mean it at heart. Men should determine before they step out the door just exactley where they stand on every issue, so when the issue arrises, there is no confusion, then as the future unfolds, no need to go back and try and change things. I am not a big fan of unresolved people.
I know we probably shouldn't get into "religious" debate, but one of the things I thought, where Christians are concerned, as well as other religions, is that we are taught to forgive and not judge. IMO, you still seem to be ignoring the fact that these people are doing their jobs, even if they don't like it and if they show otherwise, they get tossed into federal prison for it.

I feel sorry for any person involved in a war. That goes for the soldiers on both sides that are forced into it due to the fact they have no choice, having to commit such heinous acts for a paycheck and I feel sorry for those innocent people who get caught in the middle of it. The only type of person that should be condemned for this, are those who are all gun ho and don't seem to have any remorse for what they were forced to do.

I know one guy who joined the service as a last resort, not because he wanted to. It was the only way he could get into college, since he couldn't afford to otherwise. I haven't heard from him since 2001, ironically.

Anyway, imo, you don't have a right to judge a soldier who is fighting for his/her country. It's not like they have much choice in the matter. This is my main reason for never joining the service, even if it would've made going to school easier for me and I wouldn't be loaded with all these student loans.