View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Hey, it wasn't my assertion that physical characteristics run along national lines. It was the many people in this thread that disagree with me.

And yes I'm aware of the culturally homogenous makeup of many of these East Asian nation-states compared to Western nation-states (notable exceptions being Singapore and Malaysia). However you will have to prove that the people of this region are in general, seperated into nations along the lines of physical characteristics (i.e. race. basically you'll have to prove that the Chinese are a seperate race from the Japanese from the Koreans). I believe they are not seperated by race, rather by culture.
here is a reason why Japanese are racially different to Chinese, taken from wiki page on Japanese people:

Quote:
Currently, the most well-regarded theory is that present-day Japanese are descendants of both the indigenous Jōmon people and the immigrant Yayoi people.
for reference the Jōmon people are believed to have crossed into Japan 30,000 years ago and the Yayoi people 2300-2400 years ago. having this mix of indigenous blood would give them unique characteristics that developed by the population of Japan.

i'm sure you can find a lot of information to back up they are a different race.

EDIT: forgot to add, there are indigenous groups in Japan as well, Ainu, Ryukyuans etc. i can't understand why you could think Han Chinese and Japanese are the same race.

Last edited by anrakushi : 01-03-2008 at 10:53 AM.