View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
HYDfan (Offline)
Massu is love

02-21-2008, 01:45 AM

PLEASE don't try to learn Japanese just by watching dramas and anime! Please. I am begging you! Get books, CDs, Tapes, more books, software, flashcards, children's books in Japanese, teachers, classes, podcasts, websites, etc. Dramas and anime and music are all excellent resources for listening to the language, but you have to be actively engaged in it somehow. It's not like in the Matrix where you can learn it all by sticking something in your brain. You have to practice hard. Every. Single. Day. For years and years. Go to Japan, it's a must. I'm sorry, but you can't learn by sitting there watching subbed anime... most of the time, the subs aren't completely accurate! There are tons of ways to learn, but don't expect one of them to be anime. Anime is a great way to listen and become familiar with words, but not to learn the language. Go there and listen to what he has to say. Besides, if you can't go to Japan, what's the point of learning Japanese? Sorry to be blunt, but I just wanted to ask. Do you mean that you can't go there now or ever?