View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-13-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
I'm not saying JF doesn't have the responsibility to, I'm saying it's the way things are. Being practical and being logical are what I consider bigger responsibilities. It would be pointless for us to go an extra mile, without anything in it for us. I know it's precisely because everyone has a similar mindset, that's why we're at a stalemate. But this is reality, and in reality, "one doesn't make much difference."

Also, if it really affects the consumers, then why don't people stop? The answer is that new anime will always be made, or at least, that's how the majority sees it. It's willing to sacrifice a couple of anime endings to indulge in whole new series's, with the minor possibility it could face the same fate.
Why don't people stop? Because people are selfish. The thing is, in the music business a hit is a CD that can sell a million copies. In manga its closer to 10,000. Every time you read a licensed manga online it is as damaging as downloading 100 CDs illegally. Just a few hundred people reading a manga online instead of buying it can be enough to force the publisher to cut a serieds off early.

How many people come to JF? Still think adamantly blocking those links doesn't make a difference?

But that's off the topic.

For Blood+ fans, you should know that the first novelizatation of Blood+ comes out next week. It's a nice big book with some great secrets and finer details than is shown in the anime. Check it out! I'd love to hear what you think...