(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
04-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
As a foriegner trying to live as a musician in Japan you are looking at an uphill battle. Not impossible, but uphill.

I played in a couple bands in Japan and did several shows, and basically after paying the club, the profits were enough for everyone in the band to buy a couple beers. We didn't do it for the money, obviously, but we had to get people to pay 25 or 30 bucks to come see US play. This is, of course, after paying for studio space to practice.
Visa-wise, you need a sponsor. The easiest way will be to marry a Japanese, but after a University degree you can likely find teaching work. I have no idea about modeling, but there is no visa there, I am sure.
Wow... I love the Musician life style... I´m into arts because I love the creative force you develop doing SOMETHING!... I´m playing guitar, composing songs that will be the sound track of a shorfilm... I wish the short film being develop in Japanese Anime. Ones I end the Music Demo, the Story Board, and save money I´ll go to Japan and make this Story become real.
(Ok, I need to Improve my Japanese & English speaking) that why I´m here

Nki Loves You.