View Single Post
(#76 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-13-2008, 01:41 AM

Yep, that's the plan. I also didn't realize how much discipline is needed for online courses. I'm supposed to be writing a short paper on Stereotypes right now. I haven't even started it yet since I keep procrastinating.

Oh yeah...question about this...
Quote:
9) Reference Forms & Letters (1 original and 2 copies of each): You will be required to include two letters of reference from academic, professional or business contacts. Please avoid using family members or family friends. If you have not graduated by the time you work on your application, one of the references must be from some one related to the university and must contain a reference to your expected date of graduation. Ask the two separate individuals recommending you to use the provided form as the first page followed by a personal assessment on his or her organization’s letterhead. All letters of reference must be prepared specifically for this application. Ask each reference writer to make two additional copies of his or her original letter with original signatures and the reference form. All reference forms should be returned directly to you in sealed, signed envelopes. You should include these two sealed, signed envelopes with your completed application packet.
I mentioned before that I am finishing up my degree online and by the time I apply, I will still be in an Undergraduate program. I don't have any face-time with any of my instructors, so I'd find it odd to ask either of them for a reference. I talk to my Academic Advisor more than any of my instructors. I'm already set for my first reference (my Japanese teacher), but having trouble with my second still because of that particular rule. For my second reference, I was planning on asking one of the teachers I've been an assistant to, to write the letter, until I noticed that rule, which I never had before. In you all's opinion, do you feel that this would count against me and cancel out my chances of even getting an interview?