View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Yeah, I know. I was pretty much comparing the cultures. IMO, the US lacks work ethic and the only people I've ever seen really into working, even later hours for no pay, are those who actually enjoy their jobs or ended up with jobs they seeked out. I was just saying that I've yet to find a job like that, but, if in Japan, regardless of the job, since I know it's a part of the culture, I'd try to show that I have a lot of work ethic to make a good impression and to show that I have respect for the company and of the culture.
I remember on one of my trip, my cousin (A Creative Manager at an advertisement firm) wasn't home when I arrive at 11:00PM. I heard him walking in the doors around 2:00AM, he left the house already the next morning when I woke up at 6:30AM.

Similar things was seen when one of my staff was sent to Korea for a design flaw we had, the staff there literally asked him "Leaving already" and looked at the clock, it was 1:00AM

I think we had it easy here in north ameria, there are just enough work to make people work that kind of hours in Asia...