View Single Post
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-31-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Yep, that's the plan. I also didn't realize how much discipline is needed for online courses. I'm supposed to be writing a short paper on Stereotypes right now. I haven't even started it yet since I keep procrastinating.

Oh yeah...question about this...I mentioned before that I am finishing up my degree online and by the time I apply, I will still be in an Undergraduate program. I don't have any face-time with any of my instructors, so I'd find it odd to ask either of them for a reference. I talk to my Academic Advisor more than any of my instructors. I'm already set for my first reference (my Japanese teacher), but having trouble with my second still because of that particular rule. For my second reference, I was planning on asking one of the teachers I've been an assistant to, to write the letter, until I noticed that rule, which I never had before. In you all's opinion, do you feel that this would count against me and cancel out my chances of even getting an interview?
It's OK if you are still in an undergraduate program when you apply, as long as you have graduated by the time you leave for Japan.