View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-30-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskyliemole View Post
 I live in Nagano. The Winter Olympics took place there.

We have many snowboarders from Australia visiting our area in Winter. 
ぞうですね!

長野が知っています。世界でとても有名な所ですね!ス ノーボードをできないけど長野でして見えるといいんで すが。ニュージランドにもスノーボードをできるがあま りお金がない学生だし高い臭味だししたことがない。
(I see! I know of Nagano. It's a very famous place. I can't snowboard but I hope I can try it in Nagano. It's also possible to snowboard in NZ but I'm not very rich and it's an expensive hobby so I've never done it.)

Quote:
Do you cook Japanese food sometimes? 
はい、時々作りますけどみそだけ作れます。
(Sometimes though I can only make Miso soup!)

Quote:
 If you are under 30 years old, you can get a "working holiday visa" to stay in Japan, and with that visa, you can ligaly work too!

If you are over 30, you can have a student visa to go to college or Japanese language school, and with a student visa, you can also work!

When I was in Australia, I had a student visa so I was allowed to work part-time too. I really enjoy studying English (and also tourism),working (at a take away/restaurant, a duty free shop and so on) and also travelling! 
あなたの景観が面白いですね!

来年、日本に留学しに行って、再来年にはビサをとって 、働きに行こうと思っています。たくさん日本にいて英 語を使う国からきた外国人は英語の教師だそうです。と ても楽しみです。

(Your experiences sound really interesting!

Next year I plan to go to Japan to study and then the year after to work. I hear that many foriegners from English-speaking countries are English teachers. I'm looking forward to it)

Quote:
Interesting! please investigate for me !
週末に私のクラスメートと日本のレストランに食べに行 きました。ぞの時、これについてと聞きました。ぜんぜ ん聞こえなくて、使ったことがないとこたえました。

さて、直します

(I went to a Japanese restaurant in the weekend with my classmates. While there I asked them about this and they said that they've never heard or used it (for it has).

Anyway I will fix your mistakes.)

Quote:
you can ligaly work too!
legally

Quote:
I sometimes confused when I am supposed to use perhaps or maybe...
I am not sure the differences between... 
I sometimes (get/become) confused when I am supposed to use perhaps or maybe. I am not sure (what/about) the differences between....

As for the answer to your question? Your sentence was perfectly fine. But in English we have a crazy tradition where the more words you can use at one time, the more intelligent you are considered (Does Japanese have this tradition too?). Therefore to use "maybe" twice in such a short space just sounded a little bit strange that's all. And I think your English is superb so I thought I should point this out.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 06-30-2008 at 10:46 AM.