(#133 (permalink))
Old
Fire_Girl625 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Fire_Girl625 Send a message via Yahoo to Fire_Girl625
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
There is no difference between a Korean and a Kenyan. The differences are literally skin deep for the most part. (As for your brain example. Are you suggesting the brain of an African and an Asian are different?)

Between Japan and Korea there aren't even physical differences as they are so close together.

If you remember I said that any tendencies were vast (i.e. continental) and not consistent (skin colour actually varies in shades within all so called races).

THAT is what I'm saying.

And all Japan's isolation suggests is that there may be less variation WITHIN the Japanese population. Not that they are different as a whole with say their Korean or Chinese neighbours.
Acctualy, there IS a noteable difference. Japanese facial details are more caucasian-like than their Chinese and Korean neighboors. They have more of a bridge to their nose, and thinner faces. They still do have Asian eyes, and their noses don't protrude out as much as european noses, but they are noteably different from other asians.

The facial structure of the different "Races" are noteably different, even within such groups. For example, an Italian person and a German person are both white. However, the Italian has a noteably darker skin tone, dark hair, dark eyes, usualy different nose shape, and are typicaly shorter. Germans are pale skinned, taller (Not always, though), and usualy have lighter hair and eyes. Changes in our facial anatomy were probably made to either survive (It's less sunny in Germany, which is why germans are paler and have lighter eyes than Italians) Or possibly to attract mates (I've heard one or two people say that the reason Asians have such different eyes is an evolutionary trait to become more attractive, and since those with these unique eye shapes had more mates, eventualy that trait stretched to all of Asia)

The brain it's self probably doesn't change, but the mindset and method of thinking do change from culture to culture, and is probably why there are so many unique cultures out there.