(#191 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
You can say that about (well, almost) anything. And you should. Now don't think I'm trying to proclaim something here, but don't you think that _SOMETIMES_ women won't 'choose' to do this or that, because they already know they can't?
I`ll have to get back to you on that one if I ever encounter a real Japanese woman who expresses that sentiment. (In contrast to foreign woman in Japan, wanting to raise a battle cry for her poor Japanese sisters that she thinks are so oppressed because they don`t want to sacrifice home life for a career. They`re a dime a dozen.)

The sentiment I DO hear a lot (before marriage) is that they wish their bosses wouldn`t put so much responsibility on their shoulders - I mean, everyone knows we plan to quit in a few years anyway. We seriously don`t want to have to deal with a guilt trip when they can`t find somebody with the qualifications to replace us.
And after marriage, that they wish they had never accepted that promotion because it means they couldn`t take off whenever they wanted to go on trips with their mom, sisters, friends, etc... Or that they REALLY wish their husband made enough money that they could stay home.

I have yet to hear a single complaint about the glass ceiling. Most women see that as a "US" term.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.