(#43 (permalink))
Old
Nikko (Offline)
yay!

Send a message via MSN to Nikko
07-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Are we talking about accents here or grammar? I thought this was about the differences in grammar, not the differences in pronunciation. If it's the accent, then there isn't a 'British' accent. They are different depending on where you go. There is a generic 'standard english' which seemingly has no accent, used by people like newsreaders so that everyone is capable of understanding.

The differences in grammar are different spellings like : Colour and Color, Theatre and Theater.
yeah this more what I was trying to get at because when you speak it doesn't really matter too much about your accent...but it is weird when I hear...say a spanish person speaking english in a kind of american accent...
but also when you learn english you learn their phrases you know like jam and jelly....
I just noticed that my English-Japanese dictionary is in fact american! lol but my phrase book is english!!

I think its also about adjustin as well...when I go NY i find myself using american words...anyone else does that???
or just me?! lol

私はただ学んでいます - I'm only learning