View Single Post
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

08-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
What the hell does me being an expert have to do with it??? When the media says shit like the air is so bad that you can't breath, and I go there and the air is nicer than england, what does that tell me?? Oh and btw, I went during summer, when it was hot an muggy, so it would've had a huge amount of pollution compared to any other time of year.

When people say that chinese are ill-mannered and spit on the street and aren't ready to interact with foreigners etc, and I see the oposite, what does that mean?

Oh, and btw, I wasn't some sort of cash bringing tourist, because I didn't stay in hotels or go spending a load of cash here and there. I travelled with a couple of chinese class mates and usually ended up staying in their relatives places. One month is more than enough to see how much distortion is shown in the media about China.

And for you guys to think that I was assuming I was some sort of expert for being there for a month, that just makes you plain stupid. I love how you guys try to belittle someones experience like that. It's just amazing. All you need is a couple of days in one city in China to see how twisted the western media is about china.

Wtf? Did I say you were racist? I was pointing out your stupidness by you complaining about racism them making a discriminatory comment. And please don't bother talking to me about offended again. We've had this conversation before. Playing the "I'm cool, and this guy is getting all upset ladddy da" isn't gonna work. Oh, and btw, you havn't highlighted a single flaw in anyones logic. You've just shown pure ignorance and lack of respect for the majority of the worlds population.
If you read my post again you can see that I never said the word "expert". Try again. However, the fact that you are willing to pass judgment and tell people "how it really is" after being in China for less than a month doesn't give you much credibility, infact it gives you none.

I also did not criticize the chinese people as a whole. That's the whole point (well part of it atleast), it's the people who get oppressed/jailed for nothing/executed/censored who we sympathize with! If you can't see that there is something wrong with their government, then I guess you're beyond help.

Unfortenately, the Olympics will provide the world with more people like you, who will go there and "get impressed by how beautiful everything is, and oh so kind they are! The media must have lied to us about the atrocities."

I am not saying you can't argue for China or whatever (if you do, you will meet resistance). But don't proclaim that you know how the situation in China infact is, because you were there with friends a few weeks.

Lastly, the way you're hiding behind personal attacks and stupid insults just prove to us what kind of person you are. It doesn't win you points.

なんでやねん!