View Single Post
(#196 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-05-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Of course the majority is "good people" in the sense that they are not criminals (dicks there are plenty of though). "Very nice" was poor wording I admit.

Except the ones that have to give their lives for nothing, the ones jailed for disagreeing....you mean? (the list could go on)

Talk about someones arguments being flawed. You start by saing freedom is fantastic, only to go on about how it's not really that great.

Dude, when you talk about freedom as a bad thing I really think you're only thinking about the US, where "freedom" is shoved down everyones throat whenever someone is trying to justify something. (to the point I guess many US people are sick of the word "freedom")

You absolutely will not get beat up by police just by criticizing the government in a democratic countries. Ofcourse police brutality exists, but not by orders from the state.

If you think I lie, check the US media criticizing Bush. Can they? Yes. Will they get jailed for it? No.
I saw people be beated by police at protests at:

Chile
Argentina
Brazil
Mexico
Germany

Etc etc.

The USA government don't care about the critics because it is not affecting them.But if it begins to affect them the critics will be shutted up immediately.

And if you haven't noticed I was sarcastic when I said that "Freedom is fantastic".^^.

Because freedom is nothing but a uthopy.