View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Crea (Offline)
JF Regular

08-14-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Nah, I don't think so. It's pretty much a book for Japanese Language Proficiency Test: Grammar Exercises Level 3. I haven't come across any books yet with the JLPT mock tests off line.

One thing I do know that I need a lot of practice with is the listening portion. The percentage for it is low, but every bit helps.

The other thing I have is Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Volume 1, Third Edition: The Complete Set of Kanji Required for Levels 3 and 4 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. I really do need to improve my Kanji and study it more than what I have.
The books I bought included two mock tests with answers and came with cds for the listening portion, so there's an option if you're interested.

If you don't mind online shopping, there are a ton available from Amazon Japan.
Here are the two series I have and recommend: one's issued by the official JLPT committee, and the other is unofficial but includes little test-taking tips.

Again, I'd recommend them, but not a necessity.

And hey, good luck with the kanji! I don't know your exact background, but I've studied Chinese since I was 8, so I got a headstart but still find it difficult with all the different readings. I can't imagine how it'd be for non-Chinese learners, but their determination never fails to amaze me. Best of luck!